• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Executive Summary: ideas for an awesome candy/snack prize for middle schoolers needed.

So I'm in confirmation class (middle schoolers) and I hand out the memory work for the week.  I put them on flashcards for the kids, and I handed out a pack of 16.  Each kid got assigned between 4 and 6 of them, depending on age.  I give my usual spiel about how I trust they will all apply themselves and that I'll be quite pleased next week with their recitation (yeah right).  

One smart alec student (who happens to be a MiniKKH) says, "Well, what if we know all 16 of them?"  I told them those who recited all 16 perfectly would get a wondrous prize.  There was some negotiating so what I need to have on hand is a prize of food (presumably candy or some other snack, or even several things).  "How wondrous?" asked a girl.  I told them, "You'll look at it and say, 'Woah, I didn't think it would be this cool!'"  It would also be awesome if it could be frozen or otherwise kept because I seriously doubt that even my Bart Simpson wanna be kid is going to pull this off.  THe store has giant novelty 1lb candy bars this time of year, I thought that might be good.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Bags of candycorn!

/ obvious

rated:
I got beat to the candy corn, but this is still too easy

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Wunderbar-Made-Canada-Each/dp/B00PJ0...

rated:
Go with 5 lb chocolate bars

rated:
In-N-Out Burger gift cards.

rated:
kamalktk said:   Bags of candycorn!

/ obvious

with KKH's features carved into each piece!
how wondrous is that?

rated:
12 pack of PBR.....

rated:
Spiritual Enlightenment?

rated:
Copies of "My Neighbor Dennis: Dont be that Guy: Volume 1"

rated:
Not freezable, but one of those gourmet caramel apples like from Rocky mountain Candy Co. Spectacular!

rated:
One of those lightsaber size Toblerones

rated:
ganda said:   One of those lightsaber size Toblerones
  Yeah they have the normal ones at Menard's.  I was thinking that might be the way to go, along with some other stuff, since it isn't lightsaber sized.  Not sure if the kiddies know the difference between that and Hershey's.  Of course, if none of them do it, Toblerone wouldn't languish in the freezer 

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   
  Yeah they have the normal ones at Menard's.  I was thinking that might be the way to go, along with some other stuff, since it isn't lightsaber sized.  Not sure if the kiddies know the difference between that and Hershey's.  Of course, if none of them do it, Toblerone wouldn't languish in the freezer 

One of those period candy boxes full of weird old candy brands? They do them by the decade. We've given those as gifts and they're always well received "An Indian Scalp Chew! I haven't had one since 1935!" etc etc. Weird candy for the kid if they win, pick the decade that resonates with you in case they don't. Win-win.

rated:
super sized candy from cracker barrell

rated:
ganda said:   
Kandykornhead said:   

One of those period candy boxes full of weird old candy brands? They do them by the decade. We've given those as gifts and they're always well received "An Indian Scalp Chew! I haven't had one since 1935!" etc etc. Weird candy for the kid if they win, pick the decade that resonates with you in case they don't. Win-win.

Candy cigarettes, to set them on a lifetime of smoking and being cool.

rated:
Update: MiniKKH has 6 of 16 memorized, he has until Wed.

rated:
An Advent calendar?

rated:
A working girl.....

rated:
Tis the Season for a Fruitcake... the gift that is Re-Giftable!!!

rated:
Make sure that you know of any food allergies first. Just saying.

Those ginormous Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are really darned impressive. Also, Michael's has a bunch of GIANT sized boxes of candy which you can use one of their ubiquitous 50% Off coupons on to get the cost down to something reasonable. There is also the World's Largest Gummy Bear, which is pretty darned awe inspiring, even to an adult. Also impressive and pretty funny, are the giant sheets of Rice Crispy Treats, which are like 2'x2' squares. They're Rice Crispy Treats on steroids. As the father of a 9 year old boy, I'm continuously made aware of the wonderful world of really giant candy, and that my son should get them all... LOL

I hope that helps!

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   super sized candy from cracker barrell
  Michael's has them too, and you can use a 50% off coupon on them, unlike Cracker Barrel!

rated:
A bottle of wine and a loaf of bread.

rated:
How about a live chicken?

rated:
Lump of coal.

rated:

. (63.80kB)
Disclaimer
That $500 gift card of yours that still has $50 left on it: 

rated:
Wineaux said:   MilleniumBuc said:   super sized candy from cracker barrell
  Michael's has them too, and you can use a 50% off coupon on them, unlike Cracker Barrel!

Good!!!! I have never been to Michaels but have seen their coupons on the paper. Hope they also give the 50% coupon on the next dentist visit 😁

rated:
Jr. just recited 15 of the 16 cards. One was unacceptable. I think he'll make it by Wednesday.

rated:
Gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   Jr. just recited 15 of the 16 cards. One was unacceptable. I think he'll make it by Wednesday.
  It's funny to recall the days of Sunday school when awards for scripture memorization were stickers or pencils with Bible verses on them or bookmarks to use in your Bible.

rated:
kirbydog said:   Kandykornhead said:   Jr. just recited 15 of the 16 cards. One was unacceptable. I think he'll make it by Wednesday.
  It's funny to recall the days of Sunday school when awards for scripture memorization were stickers or pencils with Bible verses on them or bookmarks to use in your Bible.

If you memorized the scripture, why would you need it on your bookmark?

Candy is cooler than pencils anyway! Candy!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016