• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Read an article about bail policies in the paper so no, Iím not locked up. What happens if you are arrested far from home, or even in your own town but donít have any relatives or close friends you want to know about the situation. And you have the money in the bank to make bail. Is the jail required to take credit or debit cards like many tow impound lots are required to? Will the police drive you to the bank to get the money? Even for an extra fee? Are you able to use the police station computer to transfer money somehow to jail?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
You have a right to an attorney, they can usually arrange whatever's needed.

rated:
You don't want to spend thousands for an attorney just so you can make bail. Besides, I assume the attorney wants to be paid upfront a retainer as well.

rated:
You just play your Get Out of Jail Free card. Duh...

rated:
You'd think a smart jail would have a Paypal account. †Even a friend could bail you out

rated:
SecondGunman said:   You just play your Get Out of Jail Free card. Duh...
††
They work for me.†The Hamburglar uses them a lot.† †When you're not playing Monopoly, take these cards out of the game box and put them in your wallet.† Just†give one to the guard when you're taken to prison, and you're good to go. If you're accused of a 187 you might need two cards, so carry more than one.†

rated:
What you should do if you feel you are at risk of being arrested for something is prepay a bail bondsman and memorize their phone number.

Then when you get in call the number. Could be out in hours.

I read that a while back in an article giving tips to potential future drug dealers. Caveat emptor.

rated:
Walter White is heading up the DEA!! Make America Cook Again!††† Better call Saul!

rated:
Just wrap the wire around the hay. But I do recommend getting a twisting tool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jheXSxNC0H8

rated:
soundtechie said:   You have a right to an attorney, they can usually arrange whatever's needed.
I agree. (IANAL)

A good book with helpful information about bail is
Arrested: What to Do When Your Loved One's in Jail† by Wes Denham (available on Amazon for $11.26).
Be sure to read his description of the "bond and bust" scam that is prevalent, so that you don't fall victim to it.

I'd suggest getting a lawyer as soon as possible and let him help you.† If the bail is substantial, your attorney might advise a bail reduction hearing.† That could save you a lot of money.

You might want to memorize one or more of your credit card numbers (and their expiration dates and cvc codes).† I think bail is charged as a cash advance.† Most credit cards have a 5% cash advance fee, but some have only a 3% cash advance fee.† A very few have 0% cash advance fee† --† mainly a few credit union credit cards (such as the PenFed Promise Visa).††

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017