Suggestions on security camera

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I am looking for advice on Security Cameras to be installed outside the house. I see so many kinds being sold on Amazon that I am confused which one to go with. I don't want the one with alarm. I have an alarm at my home (not monitored- just beeps). I want it to be placed outside home to see any suspicious activity. I live in a SFH in a subdivision. Front side is a street within neighborhood. Backside is woods. Backside is pretty secure. I never have any incidents there. Lately, there's been some pranksters around who are becoming more daring with every episode. I want mostly surveillance of the front side and perhaps right side of the property. I would like to be able to replay activity from the day and also able to monitor remotely via my cell phone if needed.  Is just 1 camera enough or several placed at strategic points outside property? Cost might be a factor for number of cameras. I do not know what is a good budget. Lets just say I want to stay within low hundreds range, with installation. Is it something a handyman can install or would I need professional installation? I am clueless where to start. Would appreciate any suggestions. TIA.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
My house was burglarized Thanksgiving morning.

There are some good discussion here:

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1546375

You can DIY if it's wireless but to run wire it would usually run you into thousands.

It's not Arlo, but my neighbor bought a system with 4 cameras from Costco and said it is good so far. I didn't even notice the cameras until he pointed them out to me (although they are clearly there if you were looking). He has already seen the postal carrier leave packages at the bottom of their stairs or throw them from the sidewalk up on to their stairs and recorded a guy stealing a package from their porch (which is up a flight of stairs) not long after it was delivered. We think the thief was following the delivery truck. I had deliveries on my porch and they weren't stolen that day.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017