• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So lets start by saying I love this old mouse... I bought it new, it fits my hand like a glove, matter of fact I liked it so much I bought 2 or 3 more just incase... So now years down the road the right button and bottom of it is trashed, I have some old wired ones but I want a replacement one again, so I looked on eBay and of course didn't see any other then some clown trying to sell it for 100 + used.. So for you computer hardware geeks that know mice, what is the closest match to the Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 Model 1007

I dont care what brand it is, I want it around the same size and fit for a desktop windows machine

Thanks for any input

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Dilbertic said:    didn't see any other then some clown trying to sell it for 100 + used.
  Seems like a deal compared to the one for $300 http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Microsoft-Wireless-IntelliMouse-Expl...

rated:
My first desktop came with a wireless mouse (Logitech I think) and I hated it as it ate a set
of batterys every week. I replaced it with a wired wheel mouse and when I need to replace em
from time to time, I usually find what I need at the local goodwill (be they PS2 or USB and optical
or have a ball, I dont care) as long as it has the scroll wheel in it for about $.99 cents.
Good luck in your hunt

rated:
Dilbertic said:   So lets start by saying I love this old mouse... I bought it new, it fits my hand like a glove, matter of fact I liked it so much I bought 2 or 3 more just incase... So now years down the road the right button and bottom of it is trashed,

Pull one of the 2-3 spares out of the closet?

rated:

rated:
Keep a bunch of these in a cage.  If you feed them, they'll make new mice automatically.  You'll never need to buy another mouse again.  In fact, you'll have plenty of extras to sell. 

rated:
Start a show. This old mouse. And fix a mouse every week.

rated:
not sure if i can help much but ill try.

I often get small things like accessories for computers and household products like towels and soaps from 99 cent stores. they have great bangs for the bucks

rated:
I like the small cheap Logitech ones. M325 and similar. Should be under $10

rated:
bestbuy1115 said:    they have great bangs for the bucks

fasttimes's Mom is working Christmas?

rated:
Whatever you do, don't get the M&M stealing kind:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/off-topic/1547292?showmessage=1...

rated:
Dovetonsils said:   My first desktop came with a wireless mouse (Logitech I think) and I hated it as it ate a set
of batterys every week.

That's not really an issue anymore with wireless mice; some tout battery lives of up to 2 years.

Dilbertic said:   what is the closest match to the Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 Model 1007

I dont care what brand it is, I want it around the same size and fit for a desktop windows machine

"Same size" is going to be an issue, as from what I can find, at 5 inches long by 2 inches wide by 1 1/2 high, the Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 was a beast compared to current models. Really only gaming mice come that big nowadays, on those tend to be wired for better latency.

You'll want to look at "large" wireless mice. This one is 4 3/4" long and 2 1/2" wide:
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-M510-Wireless-Large-Mouse/dp/B01...

This one is MASSIVE at 3.29 in x 5.05 in x 1.85 in, although I think some of the extra width is due to the thumb rest:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HWRJBM/
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/performance-mouse-mx

rated:
Dilbertic said:   ...the right button and bottom of it is trashed
Mechanically or electrically?

Because mouse buttons are made of ABS, a common plastic (about every piece of electronics is housed in an ABS container) that can easily be glued with Testors #3502 glue to build up any worn plastic.

A common electrical problem with mouse buttons is that their solder joints become cracked because the button wasn't mounted completely flush with the circuit board before it was soldered.  Mouse buttons are fairly generic, so you should be able to use one from another mouse or maybe any electronics with click buttons.  However Logitech tends to use the quietest buttons.

rated:
marsilies said:   
This one is MASSIVE at 3.29 in x 5.05 in x 1.85 in,

Fasttimes mom disagrees.

rated:
kamalktk said:   marsilies said:   
This one is MASSIVE at 3.29 in x 5.05 in x 1.85 in,

Fasttimes mom disagrees.

That is not what she told me last night.

rated:
I thought this was going to be a thread about a mishap with a kid's pet.....

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017