• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Last Christmas indeed

rated:
burgerwars said:   Link: www.yahoo.com/music/singer-george-michael-dead-age-53-bbc-report...
††††††††††††I watched Keanu the other night, it had some funny parts. Some of the best parts involved Keegan-Michael Key leading a sing-a-long of George Michael's songs. He was just 53, damn, just one year older than me.

rated:
One minute you're celebrating Christmas and just like that, Wham! you're dead.

rated:
Last Christmas, he gave you his heart.
Turns out he needed it.

rated:

wispa (598.02kB)
Disclaimer
He choked on a chocolate bar, it was a careless Wispa

rated:
ganda said:   He choked on a chocolate bar, it was a careless Wispa
† That links says, "George passed away peacefully at home." Wouldn't consider choking to death very peaceful.†

rated:
He's never going to dance again.

rated:
I've about had it with these guys jackassing up their lives.

rated:
atikovi said:   
ganda said:   He choked on a chocolate bar, it was a careless Wispa
† That links says, "George passed away peacefully at home." Wouldn't consider choking to death very peaceful.†

††
It was a joke. He didn't really choke on a Wispa bar. It was a Snickers he was careless with.

rated:
If he had an unknown peanut allergy, that might do it. Still not a peaceful way to go.

rated:

rated:

rated:
Well, updates are quoting his long-term publicists as stating that he died of heart failure in his sleep. His BF found him unresponsive in his bed, and called for assistance. Paramedics arriving on the scene confirmed that he was deceased, and had passed on some time during the night.

It's been a crazy year for celebrity deaths.

rated:
SweetClover said:   His BF found him unresponsive in bed

††
Not stiff?

rated:
TMZ has some pictures of him getting really fat. When I read TMZ, I give their stories a 50% chance of being accurate. Sudden weight gain can be a killer.

rated:
burgerwars said:   TMZ has some pictures of him getting really fat. When I read TMZ, I give their stories a 50% chance of being accurate. Sudden weight gain can be a killer.
† I saw those, too. I think TMZ needs to be given more credit. They (= Harvey Levin) are careful in releasing any news without facts and are often the first source quoted by "real" news.

rated:
burgerwars said:   Sudden weight gain can be a killer.
† Has someone actually died after those food challenges where they eat 4 or 5 pounds in one hour? Thought that was just an urban legend.

rated:
atikovi said:   
burgerwars said:   Sudden weight gain can be a killer.
† Has someone actually died after those food challenges where they eat 4 or 5 pounds in one hour? Thought that was just an urban legend.

I think the Guiness Book only lists eating speed rather than quantity (how many hot dogs in one minute, and so on). It might be possible to eat Big Macs without stopping until your stomach explodes.
††

rated:
MommyOfHAndK said:   
burgerwars said:   TMZ has some pictures of him getting really fat. When I read TMZ, I give their stories a 50% chance of being accurate. Sudden weight gain can be a killer.
† I saw those, too. I think TMZ needs to be given more credit. They (= Harvey Levin) are careful in releasing any news without facts and are often the first source quoted by "real" news.

††
I agree. Love him or hate him, Harvey Levin knows all the legal ramifications involved, and he knows just about every legal workaround to get information that others can't. Helps being a lawyer, and using that to his advantage. I'd give him much more than 50% of being accurate, TMZ is often the source who breaks celebrity news first. I don't know how many legitimate news articles I've read, where it states, "TMZ broke the story..."

rated:
If there's a rock 'n' roll heaven

rated:
sublimosa said:   If there's a rock 'n' roll heaven

This would be a rock 'n' roll heaven, Outlaws classic Green Grass and High Tides†† I always think of this song when a music artist dies, and imagine them joining the luminaries of the past. Just to think that Bowie, Prince, Leonard Cohen, Maurice White, Paul Kantner, Glenn Fry, George Michael, who all passed this year,† and so many more, are jamming with the likes of Hendrix, Joplin & Morrison.

I even found this cool image on devianart of a celestial arena where a heavenly jam of deceased musicians play for, and with, one another.†

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk

Outlaws founding member Hughie Thomasson:

I wrote that song in St Augustine, Florida. We went to a cookout on the beach and everybody forgot to bring their guitars. I was standing by the ocean and there was a breeze and the words kept coming to me. Itís about all the rock stars I liked that died had come back and were playing a show just for me. Like Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison. And eventually more of course.

In a place you only dream of
Where your soul is always free
Silver stages, golden curtains
Filled my head, plain as can be
As a rainbow grew round the sun
All the stars I've love who died
Came from somewhere beyond the scene you see
These lovely people played just for me
Now if I let you see this place
Where stories all ring true
Will you let me past your face
To see what's really you
It's not for me I ask these questions
As though I were a king
For you have to love, believe and feel
Before the burst of tambourines take you there

Green grass and high tides forever
Castles of stone souls and glory
Lost faces say we adore you
As kings and queens bow and play for you

Those who don't believe me
Find your souls and set them free
Those who do, believe and love
As time will be your key
Time and time again I've thanked them
For a piece of mind
They helped me find myself
Amongst the music and the rhyme
That enchants you there

Green grass and high tides forever
Castles of stone souls and glory
Lost faces say we adore you
As kings and queens bow and play for you

rated:
atikovi said:   If he had an unknown peanut allergy, that might do it. Still not a peaceful way to go.
When famous people die, we make jokes related to them in OT. Laughing in remembrance is better than being sad.

(George Michael's song) Careless Whisper vs Careless with a Wispa

rated:
kamalktk said:   
atikovi said:   If he had an unknown peanut allergy, that might do it. Still not a peaceful way to go.
When famous people die, we make jokes related to them in OT. Laughing in remembrance is better than being sad.

(George Michael's song) Careless Whisper vs Careless with a Wispa

††
Those not regulars here, often don't realize there is a lot of satire, sarcasm, irony, and various other forms of word-play joking. Like the FWOT Parody Threads. Or some off-the-wall news article that you just can't help poking pundits at.† Or some senseless loss that you poke pundits at as a coping mechanism (Like this one, the song titles develop a new meaning).† Apparently the jokes are going over atikovi's head, as he/she is reading posts literally, and missing the sarcasm, or not realizing that titles of songs by George Michael are being used in word-play.

rated:
I ain't musical. Don't know the titles of any singers songs.

rated:
Drugs Again. No Doubt

rated:
atikovi said: I ain't musical. Don't know the titles of any singers songs.

That explains it. The posters were using titles/lyrics of well-know WHAM!/George Michael tunes, and creating clever word-play replies, which you read literally.

"Last Christmas (he gave you his heart)"
"Careless Whisper"† - careless Wispa (Wispa is a popular Cadbury UK chocolate bar)
"I'm Never Gonna Dance Again"

All songs that George Michael was famous for.

bandofbrothers said:   Drugs Again. No Doubt
††
At least indirectly - he had a cocaine habit, among other drug uses. Chronic cocaine use is a direct cause of Ischemic Heart Disease resulting in heart failure. I read that a postmortem is being done, and an autopsy. A Toxin Screen is pretty routine, it will be months before they know if there was recent/current drug use. It's rather sad. If the drugs don't kill you directly (like with Prince), the damage they do will eventually catch up with you. And coke/crack is one of the worst for this. Heart disease can be managed, but eventually it catches up with you, when the heart fails. George Michael literally died of a broken heart.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017