• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

. (111.48kB)
Disclaimer

. (190.62kB)
Disclaimer
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  - List your New Years Resolutions Here! You know you want to

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Work on my body positivity, break my addiction to carbonated beverages, & pay off my car!

rated:
st4rdust said:   Work on my body positivity, break my addiction to carbonated beverages, & pay off my car!
You can switch to carbonated waters like flavored seltzer, all the carbonation and more, none of the sugar.

rated:
Eat fewer tomatoes.

rated:
Resolutions are stupid. Make goals.

Me, I'm planning on being 100lb lighter by the end of the year.

rated:
scrouds said:   Resolutions are stupid. Make goals.

#1: I plan to be about 20 lbs lighter than what I am right now.. but between increasing muscle and decreasing body fat.. I'd be happy with losing only 10 lbs and both increasing muscles and decreasing body fat.. especially from stomach and waist.
#2: I plan to eat less bread things (bread, bagel, pizza, etc) throughout the year. That is a guilty pressure which is sort of an addiction and affects my health negatively. That and soda.
#3: Be a better father, husband and son than what I was last year.

rated:
Low carb, high fat works great for me. Once my body adjusts, it's amazing, just the amount of extra energy alone is great, and I get out of the cycle of always being hungry and eating too much.

I've been delaying going full ketosis until i have a better handle on my current health issue. I think it's an adrenal issue but waiting for the damn test to come back. Cardiologist has me on beta blockers, but that's symptom control and I want to go after root cause.

rated:
KayK said:   scrouds said:   Resolutions are stupid. Make goals.

#1: I plan to be about 20 lbs lighter than what I am right now.. but between increasing muscle and decreasing body fat.. I'd be happy with losing only 10 lbs and both increasing muscles and decreasing body fat.. especially from stomach and waist.
#2: I plan to eat less bread things (bread, bagel, pizza, etc) throughout the year. That is a guilty pressure which is sort of an addiction and affects my health negatively. That and soda.

Wheat is really bad for me. Really messes with my body like no other carb does. I can make a pretty killer low carb pizza if you want the recipe.

rated:
scrouds said:   KayK said:   scrouds said:   Resolutions are stupid. Make goals.

Wheat is really bad for me. Really messes with my body like no other carb does. I can make a pretty killer low carb pizza if you want the recipe.
Dude.. low carb pizza.. music to my ears.

rated:
KayK said:   
scrouds said:   
KayK said:   
scrouds said:   Resolutions are stupid. Make goals.

Dude.. low carb pizza.. music to my ears.

Low carb pizza is to food what Celine Dion is to music.

rated:
Adapted from this recipe. http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/

I skip the cream cheese. My ratio is 1/2 lb mozzarella, 1 egg, enough almond flour. Never measured the flour. It's better with cashew flour but hard to find and a pain to make. Double the recipe for a half sheet pan. I use silpats over parchment but use what you want.

I also bake crust plain for 8 minutes or so, top it off, and broil the pie.

The trick is to mix fast, spread on pan when the dough is still hot and don't water log it with excessively watery sauce or my favorite ricotta. Always use low moisture mozzarella.

rated:
I resolve to gain more weight and switch from being covered in Cheetos dust to being covered in Doritos dust.
I'd prefer a change from orange colored snack dust to something blue, green or purple, but what crunchy snak food is blue, green or purple?

rated:
sublimosa said:   I resolve to gain more weight and switch from being covered in Cheetos dust to being covered in Doritos dust.
I'd prefer a change from orange colored snack dust to something blue, green or purple, but what crunchy snak food is blue, green or purple?

Blueberries. Green and purple grapes.
No dust but a whole lot of other benefits.

rated:
sublimosa said:   I resolve to gain more weight and switch from being covered in Cheetos dust to being covered in Doritos dust.

I've seen blue corn chips from several manufacturers, and even blue popcorn. As for green, there are a number of companies making crunchy snacks out of split peas, such as Snapea crisps. They don't have snack dust though. Can't help you on the purple one; there is a variety of purple corn, but it doesn't appear anybody has made popcorn or chips out of it, it's typically used as flour.

rated:
I don't make resolutions but I continue to practice mindfulness in my life and I want to be a kinder person who is less judgmental.

rated:
I resolve to deal more judgement and ass-wopping to those who royally deserve it.

rated:
Same thing I do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

rated:
I still haven't finished writing up the details, but I plan to continue eating healthy, lose more weight, increase my time at the gym (I'm so bad about this), dress better, read more, take some classes (either online or in person), spend less money, organize my home storage better, improve my cooking skills, and get back into sewing and crafts. I have a wonderful planner from Inner Guide. This is the third one I've bought. I love them so much. 

rated:
SweetClover said:   sublimosa said:   I resolve to gain more weight and switch from being covered in Cheetos dust to being covered in Doritos dust.

I've seen blue corn chips from several manufacturers, and even blue popcorn. As for green, there are a number of companies making crunchy snacks out of split peas, such as Snapea crisps. They don't have snack dust though. Can't help you on the purple one; there is a variety of purple corn, but it doesn't appear anybody has made popcorn or chips out of it, it's typically used as flour.

rated:
There are purple sweet potatoes. I think that company that makes the sweet potato chips has a purple variety.

rated:
awesome. I like to change things up a bit every now and then.
Blue corn chips and purple sweet tater chips, here I come!

rated:

I dont remember how much you can actually see, how about we just tell you they're purple Doritos?

rated:
sublimosa said:   awesome. I like to change things up a bit every now and then.
Blue corn chips and purple sweet tater chips, here I come!

Look for Garden of Eatin for blue corn tortilla chips. I think Tostitos has them too. I didn't care for the Food Should Taste Good ones, not fond of any of their stuff. Garden of Eatin are pretty good.

I wonder if the company that moonbeam is thinking of is Terra. I've seen their veggie chips, ruby red beet chips, with other pretty colors of carrot, taro, sweet potato, potato, yucca and other colorful veggies. You could eat a rainbow of colors out of those bags, no artificial dyes needed. I did find this medley ( http://www.terrachips.com/chips/sweet-potato-chips/sweets-medley ) that has a mix that includes purple sweet potato. during a web search. They also have a bluish-purple potato chip here ( http://www.terrachips.com/chips/exotic_vegetables/terra-blues ). Dang! They look so pretty, I might have to check these out.

Pic hints: Bag of Terra mixed Sweet Potato Chips, a purple sweet potato, bag of Terra Blue Potato Chips.

rated:
Yep, it's Terra. I like their beet chips and their sweet potato and carrot chips. 

rated:
I bought a bag of Terra plantain chips today. Tasty.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017