• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.
A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.
However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.
MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills. He very quickly concluded the cause: When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.
They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout 'Cah', not a single one could shout 'Truck.'

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Slow day on OT...it took only 3.5 years to make this from the web to FW OT.

rated:
ach1199 said:   it took only 3.5 years to make this from the web to FW OT.

as the crow flies?

rated:
If it were only that simple to reduce the crow population on the Left Coast. If they would go about their day quietly it wouldn't be quite so bad. That they prey on other birds is uncool. 

rated:
Not too often we get a +17 on posts these days. Good going, miserly.

rated:
Maybe the crows were inebriated after spending too much time at a crow bar.

rated:
kirbydog said:   That they prey on other birds is uncool. 

You could even say it's murder 

rated:
sublimosa said:   Not too often we get a +17 on posts these days. Good going, miserly.

Back in the day +17 was nothing to crow about

rated:
sublimosa said:   Not too often we get a +17 on posts these days. Good going, miserly.
Thanks sub. I feel like I won an award that comes with a. McDonald's certificate! Definitely something I can crow about. A red letter day in my book of achievements.

rated:
So did the crows have to be pried off the trucks using crow bars?

rated:
ganda said:   

/puts on onion belt

rated:
ach1199 said:   Slow day on OT...it took only 3.5 years to make this from the web to FW OT.
Oh, you'll just love it when i tell jokes then.

rated:
sublimosa said:   
ganda said:   

/puts on onion belt

You paid your bill! Got your formal wear out of escrow.

rated:
For some reason, my kids were not impressed with my now 20 greens.

rated:
they like to stick together - like vel-crow

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017