Way to stick it to Mylan

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
the company that raised the price of Epipens to over $600 just has some generic competition. I've got friends that rely on having these available and got stung (pun intended) by the price increases.

CVS is selling Adrenaclick for $109 (or as  little as $9 for those that qualify for $100 coupon). 

http://time.com/money/4632964/cvs-epipen-alternative-adrenaclick...

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
My daughter is a waterfront guard at Girl Scout summer camp and is familiar with this, having them in camp for the girls. We were discussing it and she was always ticked off at the criminal pricing. This was awesome news, $50 a pen vs $300 is a nice drop, especially as the camps have to throw out unused ones each year. I'm sure CVS still makes something on them, but the publicity and help for those who need it is the real benefit.

There was an EMS/ambulance service in Washington state or Oregon that was making their own for ~$20-25 last year, but it consists of syringe and a bottle, so it's not as practical as the pens for home use. They were selling the kits to other services at cost to avoid the ripoff from Mylan.

The drug itself is available as a generic.

It's the auto injector pen theyve had a lock on. Previous products were rejected by the fda.

Way to stick it to the creepette.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017