• filter:

What to do when somebody parks in your parking lot without permission?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I have found out that somebody parks in my parking at night if I get a little late from work. Then I obviously have to park somewhere else where I don't find it safe. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
If it is posted as private parking your property management can have it ticketed or towed.  You might even put a note on the windshield requesting they quit parking there.
It all depends on your living situation I guess.

rated:
Same car? Note telling them the next time they will regret it. With a picture of a slashed tire

rated:
Is it your assigned or owned private parking slot or just one you consider yours because it is convenient?

rated:
Plastic chair or milk crates, keep it classy.

rated:
Vaseline the door handles

rated:
If you know who it is, have a talk with them.

If you don't, call management for a tow. If they don't act, call every time and start complaining to everyone in either the managing company for apartments or the hoa for a condo.

rated:
sublimosa said:   Is it your assigned or owned private parking slot or just one you consider yours because it is convenient?

That's the question.

OP - for a little while longer you can get free elephant poo.

rated:
sublimosa said:   Is it your assigned or owned private parking slot or just one you consider yours because it is convenient?
OP called the spot years ago when she first started working there because it was the closest spot on the street.

rated:
I'd suggest not using what looke like a real name to post here.

rated:
Put a medium-size rock behind and in front of a couple of the tires.  The person will wonder what happened, but no harm will result, at least if the rocks are round and not sharp.  Or park really close to them on both sides so they can't get in or out of the car.  

rated:
Pour expired beer all over the car.

rated:
I love posts where the OP disappears after creating the original thread. 

rated:
If you own a parking lot, consider charging for parking. You'll need to hire someone or perhaps put in one of those machine dohickeys that raise and lower the arm and take money and spit out receipts and such.
You're welcome.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Pour expired beer all over the car.
  Pour expired beer in the gas tank. But for all I know, it may make the car run better.

rated:
Use their space.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017