• filter:

conceal handgun license online

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
 for those if you that wants to get a concealed handgun license but just don't have the time to attend class, i took the course online. It was a 30 minute video course followed by 20 question test. 
I'm a resident in texas but this course is through virginia non-resident conceal handgun course. virginia and texas has reciprocity so the license will be valid in texas..and quite a few other states.
http://www.carryacademy.com/r//

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
If you want to have a handgun, I expect you to get proper training and not 20 yes/no questions like "is grass green".

rated:
for those if you that wants to get a concealed handgun license but just don't have the time to attend class, 1 measly class, 4 hours of your life learning about safety, the law, and demonstrating you can put most of your shots in center mass at 3,7 and 15 yards, a course otherwise good for the rest of your life, then I don't know what to say.

rated:
I have hundreds of hours on CSGO and COD, does that count?

rated:
kamalktk said:   If you want to have a handgun, I expect you to get proper training and not 20 yes/no questions like "is grass green".
  In my state, there is no training requirement.

rated:
First, that class is worse than the online boating class that is required in many states now, no practical knowledge required and open to fraud. Made my kids spend the time and take the 6 hour class in person if they wanted to use our boats.
Second, those out of state classes are often a scam. For example, the non-resident Utah class is said to be valid in ~40 states, however, from what I've read on Utah's site, the other states don't recognize the non-resident license, only resident-Utah.
Third, like scrouds and kamalktk said, proper training is a necessity for this, it's an extremely serious responsibility.
Fourth, I bet you'll have an issue with a non-resident VA license in your own state, i.e. officials that pull you over or whatever will want to know why you didn't get one in your own state.
Fifth, take the time to do it right, don't be a deadbeat.

rated:
And people wonder why gun violence is high..you can get the damn license online.

rated:
A criminal in Chicago doesn't give a darn about their laws, the strictest in the country, also having the worst murder total. Licensing isn't the reason.

rated:
Chicago police chief or commissioner said it's due to lack of fear of punishment. Putting one hand behind the back of law abiding citizens isn't the answer.

rated:
KayK said:   And people wonder why gun violence is high..you can get the damn license online.
  The ones that peruse proper licensing are not the ones that you should worry about.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   
Fourth, I bet you'll have an issue with a non-resident VA license in your own state, i.e. officials that pull you over or whatever will want to know why you didn't get one in your own state.

Exactly......

rated:
OP. can we have ANOTHER gun thread, please?!

rated:
kamalktk said:   If you want to have a handgun, I expect you to get proper training and not 20 yes/no questions like "is grass green".

Nowhere does the OP mention wanting to get a gun, just about getting a license.

rated:
atikovi said:   kamalktk said:   If you want to have a handgun, I expect you to get proper training and not 20 yes/no questions like "is grass green".

I know I just collect licences for the heck of it, not because I actually intend to use my license.

rated:
kamalktk said:   
atikovi said:   

I know I just collect licences for the heck of it, not because I actually intend to use my license.

Many people have a pilot's license and don't have a plane, or have a motorcycle license and don't have bike. Nothing unusual here. 

rated:
You don't need licence to buy a gun in Texas.

rated:
atikovi said:   kamalktk said:   
atikovi said:   

Many people have a pilot's license and don't have a plane, or have a motorcycle license and don't have bike. Nothing unusual here. 

I bet they have access to one though. They have to in order to get the license.

rated:
In MA a License To Carry(LTC) requires passing a ~$125-150 State Police approved safety class, then approval by your town police chief, who then forwards it to the State Police who run a background check and charge you another ~$125 for the application; takes several months, with no refund if you're denied, and it's only good for 5 years.

Enough hurdles that no one is collecting these sort of licenses just to have one.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017