• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/07/aaa-study-finds-drastic-difference-in-quality-of-gasoline/ 

full report: http://newsroom.aaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Fuel-Quality-Full-Report-FINAL-1.pdf 

retailers that sell top tier gas: http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers 

Costco sells Top-Tier.

Sam's Club does not sell Top-Tier.

Note: I don't work for gas or have any relationship to gas. lol

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:

I have gas.

rated:
kamalktk said:   

I have gas.

Is it top tier?

rated:
Valero is down the hill from my house and much more convenient than Costco.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   kamalktk said:   

I have gas.

Is it top tier?

Let me ask... "Hey fasttimes mom"

rated:
I buy from shell. Good gas, near work, and usually have 20% cards from publix

rated:
Almost all gasoline sold now, Top Tier or not, keeps engines clean enough, except for the intake valves of direct injection engines, which can't be kept clean with any additives in the gasoline.  This is so serious that some of these engines are also equipped with regular port injectors that do nothing but occasionally wash off the injectors.  

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   Almost all gasoline sold now, Top Tier or not, keeps engines clean enough, except for the intake valves of direct injection engines, which can't be kept clean with any additives in the gasoline.  This is so serious that some of these engines are also equipped with regular port injectors that do nothing but occasionally wash off the injectors.  

Yes this will become more of an issue now that it seems like more and more car manufacturers are designing engines with turbo to meet emissions and fuel economy requirements...

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   
kamalktk said:   

I have gas.

Is it top tier?

Chugging a Coke gives me top tier gas, too much Mexican food lower tier

eta: tier/tear gas if there were lots of chiles

rated:
Breaking the barrier
https://youtu.be/Jkmw9oGIDhI

rated:
overclock said:   Breaking the barrier
https://youtu.be/Jkmw9oGIDhI

Related.

rated:
I dont have a membership at Sams or Costco but I know some Walmarts have Murphy gas stations in their
outlots so wondering if Murphy supplies to Sams.

Beware of Murphy as they were one of the stations that now pump the E-15 ( 15 pct Ethanol )
gas that will void your car warranty if car is not designed for it. Many cars (even new ones)
are only designed for E-10 unless you have a flex-fuel car.

rated:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/e15.asp

I haven't ever heard of a case where warranty was denied due to E-15, however.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/e15.asp 

I haven't ever heard of a case where warranty was denied due to E-15, however.

Harmful or not, you'll get even shittier mileage on a tank of E15 than you will on E10.

rated:
Well it is up to you if you want to chance damaging your 25K+ investment in your vehicle
(unless you lease or a rental) to save 3 cents a gallon (the price difference here) and
like ganda mentioned, get approx a 5 pct drop in fuel mileage from E10.
All ethanol does is $pin the dial$ on the ga$ pump meter with no actual fuel mileage benefit.
My 2016 vehicle manual (if you take the time to read yours) says NOT to do more than the 10.
Frankly, I wish I had the option to buy pure gas like back in the late 70's when there was only
a 5 cent cost reduction for what they called corn gas. Gas at that time was .60c a gallon for pure.

Some may argue that it is better for the environment but nothing is EVER detailed about all
the excess energy (and pollution) expended to Grow, MAKE and Transport the ethanol and besides
the extra expense of getting much less fuel mileage compared to the percent content of mix.

They would not be doing it if it was not Extremely profitable for a select few who are
involved in the whole charade about the 'benefits' of ethanol (for them, not the consumer.).

rated:
Dovetonsils said:   They would not be doing it if it was not Extremely profitable for a select few who are
involved in the whole charade about the 'benefits' of ethanol (for them, not the consumer.).

Word.

I live in, and normally gas up in, a state where E10 is almost all there is. In some adjacent states ethanol is much less common, although it can still be present up to 10%. I really notice the difference when I've lucked out and got a tank of low/zero ethanol gas out of state.

Let consumers and the free market decide! Pure E0 gas for those who want it, E10/E15/E30/E85 for those want that. Keep big government out of it!

eta: Which state hosts the first presidential primary and is basically nothing but corn?

rated:
ganda said:   
Dovetonsils said:   They would not be doing it if it was not Extremely profitable for a select few who are

Word.

I live in, and normally gas up in, a state where E10 is almost all there is. In some adjacent states ethanol is much less common, although it can still be present up to 10%. I really notice the difference when I've lucked out and got a tank of low/zero ethanol gas out of state.

Let consumers and the free market decide! Pure E0 gas for those who want it, E10/E15/E30/E85 for those want that. Keep big government out of it!

eta: Which state hosts the first presidential primary and is basically nothing but corn?

Dude you gotta get back to the politics thread.  We agree on so many things!

rated:
ETA oh no no no not what I posted! wtf? guess I should've check to make sure it came out right
oh well

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   
ganda said:   

Word.

I have washed my hands of the entire clusterf**k of stupidity, I am buying a Diesel later this year.

rated:
ganda said:   
Kandykornhead said:   
ganda said:   

Word.

I have washed my hands of the entire clusterf**k of stupidity, I am buying a Diesel later this year.

You should steal grease from restaurants.  And get a bunch of cats. 

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   
ganda said:   
Kandykornhead said:   
ganda said:   

Word.

I have washed my hands of the entire clusterf**k of stupidity, I am buying a Diesel later this year.

If my cat scratches at my Persian rug one more time I'll render her into fuel without compunction, how do you do that? What meowlige should you expect from a 10lb cat?

rated:
ganda said:   
Kandykornhead said:   
ganda said:   
Kandykornhead said:   
ganda said:   

Word.

If my cat scratches at my Persian rug one more time I'll render her into fuel without compunction, how do you do that? What meowlige should you expect from a 10lb cat?

That would be litterally purrfect.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017