Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Episode 8 has an official title. Let the speculation begin.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Obviously it's all about Luke Skywalker, so I would expect him to have as much screen time as the Forxe Awakens.

if there are no more Jedi's, how can we get to episode 22?

This doesn't make a lot of sense. I think the 3 titles should have been.

The Lost Jedi: The Search for Skywalker
The Last Jedi: Found him!
The Lust Jedi: Rey's Relations

Obviously the finale would be Rey focusing on carnal pleasures, while trying to create a new generation of Jedi younglings. 

ETA: And that's how you get to episode XXII.

MVP9596 said:   

Obviously the finale would be Rey focusing on carnal pleasures, while trying to create a new generation of Jedi younglings. 

Stop blowing the spoilers out. That is episode 30!

Welcome to last week, repost

ganda said:   Welcome to last week, repost
No one goes to that wretched hive of scum and villainy.

kamalktk said:   
ganda said:   Welcome to last week, https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/star-wars-forum/1552476
No one goes to that wretched hive of scum and villainy.

My thread does not belong in FWF! 

MilleniumBuc said:   Obviously it's all about Luke Skywalker, so I would expect him to have as much screen time as the Forxe Awakens.
 That makes the most sense. I wonder if the title is supposed to imply Rey is the last of the Jedi, but after Carrie Fisher's death, they might rewrite their story a bit with Luke Skywalker ostensibly the only major character of the trilogy still alive. 

Virgil27 said:   MilleniumBuc said:   Obviously it's all about Luke Skywalker, so I would expect him to have as much screen time as the Forxe Awakens.
 That makes the most sense. I wonder if the title is supposed to imply Rey is the last of the Jedi, but after Carrie Fisher's death, they might rewrite their story a bit with Luke Skywalker ostensibly the only major character of the trilogy still alive. 

Exactly. We all got thrown a curveball when Mark Hamill was all over the place promoting the movie. I know I got all excited about Luke, only to be utterly disappointed that he only appears at the last minute of the movie.

Now everyone is expecting VIII to be all about Luke training Rey, so they name the movie the Last Jedi, will use him in all the promos, get everyone really excited, only to kill him in the first minute and then make everyone think "Oh, so Rey will be the last Jedi", but there is a truly Last Jedi out there that will be introduced at the end of VIII.

MilleniumBuc said:   
Virgil27 said:   
MilleniumBuc said:   Obviously it's all about Luke Skywalker, so I would expect him to have as much screen time as the Forxe Awakens.

Exactly. We all got thrown a curveball when Mark Hamill was all over the place promoting the movie. I know I got all excited about Luke, only to be utterly disappointed that he only appears at the last minute of the movie.

Now everyone is expecting VIII to be all about Luke training Rey, so they name the movie the Last Jedi, will use him in all the promos, get everyone really excited, only to kill him in the first minute and then make everyone think "Oh, so Rey will be the last Jedi", but there is a truly Last Jedi out there that will be introduced at the end of VIII.

I don't know . . . it seems like Kylo Ren killed all the Jedi Luke was training, so I'm guessing Luke will be hesitant to train anymore, given his expression in the end of The Force Awakens. Also, they've said episode VIII won't be a super-dark movie, ala "The Empire Strikes Back".

Virgil27 said:   MilleniumBuc said:   Obviously it's all about Luke Skywalker, so I would expect him to have as much screen time as the Forxe Awakens.

Chewbacca.

/ and you wont dare say he's not a major character for fear of him ripping your arm off.
//R2D2 and C3PO technically aren't alive

kamalktk said:   
Virgil27 said:   

Chewbacca.

/ and you wont dare say he's not a major character for fear of him ripping your arm off.
//R2D2 and C3PO technically aren't alive

You are absolutely right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJLmdLRUPtE

MVP9596 said:   This doesn't make a lot of sense. I think the 3 titles should have been.

The Lost Jedi: The Search for Skywalker
The Last Jedi: Found him!

You sure you're not thinking of how you get to episode 31?  ...because the last one you mention sounds a little more XXX

Please be gentle!

Am I the only one on this forum who has never seen one Star Wars movie?

^read as "Please be Gentile!" I thought, "you're in luck, I am a Gentile!" But what if I were Jewish?

<--doubts anyone has never seen SW.

Kandykornhead said:   ^read as "Please be Gentile!" I thought, "you're in luck, I am a Gentile!" But what if I were Jewish?

If you're Jewish, it's all good; no issues with me.

Honestly, I have never seen SW and probably never will.  I've never had an interest in it.  Not a Trekkie either.  I'm more of a comic book geek.  Marvel over DC, with the exception of DC having bad a$$ women villains, and a die-hard Walking Dead fan. 

kateykakes said:   
Kandykornhead said:   ^read as "Please be Gentile!" I thought, "you're in luck, I am a Gentile!" But what if I were Jewish?

Honestly, I have never seen SW and probably never will.  I've never had an interest in it.  Not a Trekkie either.  I'm more of a comic book geek.  Marvel over DC, with the exception of DC having bad a$$ women villains, and a die-hard Walking Dead fan. 

You know Marvel publishes Star Wars comics, right? 

Virgil27 said:   
kateykakes said:   

Are you really Groot, and how long have you had that CT?

Kandykornhead said:   
Virgil27 said:   
kateykakes said:   

Are you really Groot, and how long have you had that CT?

I am Groot. 

I am Groot. 

Virgil27 said:   

No, I did not know that.  Did some reading on it and found it very interesting.

Marvel Comics published the first Star Wars comic book, Star Wars #1, in March 1977, which went on to sell more than 1 million copies.

Source: http://www.comicosity.com/c-2/ 

kateykakes said:   
Virgil27 said:   

No, I did not know that.  Did some reading on it and found it very interesting.

Marvel Comics published the first Star Wars comic book, Star Wars #1, in March 1977, which went on to sell more than 1 million copies.

Source: http://www.comicosity.com/c-2/ 

Yeah. They published them in the 70's and 80's, before Dark Horse took over in the 90's. When Disney bought LucasFilm, they resumed publications. They've got some big names like Jason Aaron and John Cassiday providing art and writing - their Darth Vader solo series is pretty solid too..

Just saw that in other languages posters, the Last Jedi is plural ( ).

Yay, at least 2 Jedi.

"It's time for the Jedi to end"

End what? Daylight savings time? Vertical video? Overbooking?

Kandykornhead said:   "It's time for the Jedi to end"

All of the above, and Jar Jar.

Kandykornhead said:   "It's time for the Jedi to end"

ELECTORAL VOTE!!!!!!

Looked like I picked the wrong week to go on vacation.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017