3D TV is Dead

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
It's not dead, it will be back zombie like in 20-30 years just like this time. And it will still require glasses, so it will "die" again.

Project Mayhem
Disclaimer
Topic Title said: 3d TV is Dead

Fine with me. The last movie I saw in 3D was Avatar. Stuff like that is best seen in a movie theater where I can also enjoy drinks being accidentally spilled on me.

^so you are saying the drink spillage makes it a 4D experience?

burgerwars said:   Fine with me. The last movie I saw in 3D was Avatar. Stuff like that is best seen in a movie theater where I can also enjoy drinks being accidentally spilled on me.
  Recently saw the 3D version of Dr. Strange in the theater.  I really liked it.  That wouldn't get me to buy a 3D TV though.  Of course nothing gets me to buy a new TV...all of mine are still analog with converter boxes/

sublimosa said:   ^so you are saying the drink spillage makes it a 4D experience?
If the drink was Diet or Dr. Pepper or (Mountain) Dew it would be 5D!

/ no Diet Dr. Pepper, the mind can not handle 6D!

sublimosa said:   ^so you are saying the drink spillage makes it a 4D experience?
  It take $20 per song to make it a 4D experience.

IMO, 3d movies in the theaters still don't live up to my expectations. The framerate alone is bothersome, it takes a while for me to get used to the low framerates in action movies. Also everything is darkened.

That said, I've not tried tried 3D on a TV yet.

i have a 3d tv, panasonic LCD with 6 glasses. count them, 6 glasses! i bought the glasses pretty cheap (old PS glasses) so we've watched a few kids movies in 3D. i think one of the reasons 3d never took off was the lack of content.

I, for one, am content with the lack of content.

Chalk that up as another technology that flew by me without a care.

I'll probably slide through the retirement of Blu ray too if you don't count ps4 games.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017