Best Home Warranty company from your experience

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My home warranty just expired and I'm looking to buy one, in Frisco TX area.
I'm not sure what to look when researching. Is it the deductible or what? Overall I'm looking at the star rating and reviews, and guessing I should go with the one with more good reviews, obviously.
I'm looking at American Home Shield, with mixed reviews. If you have personal experience with AHS or any other companies, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
They all sucks.

gangt said:   My home warranty just expired and I'm looking to buy one, in Frisco TX area.
I'm not sure what to look when researching. Is it the deductible or what? Overall I'm looking at the star rating and reviews, and guessing I should go with the one with more good reviews, obviously.
I'm looking at American Home Shield, with mixed reviews. If you have personal experience with AHS or any other companies, I would appreciate your input.

My real estate broker gifted me a year of AHS when I bought my house in California. They were horrible and I did not renew. For the couple of times I needed repairs and it seemed to fall within the warranty, they would try to find a way to weasel out of it or provided sub-standard work. This was in 2000 and perhaps their business practices have improved since then.

They are all the same. However, as SiS in FWF used to point out, their main customers are the RE agents and would accommodate you if you have your RE agent push them to pay up.

Just make the payments to yourself.
They are all crooks.

woowoo2 said:   Just make the payments to yourself.
They are all crooks.

I agree that setting aside funds for future needed repairs is a great alternative. The downside is that you have to find your own service people, which is also the upside since some of the home warranty providers are bottom-of-the-barrel. I'm not a believer in yelp reviews but have had good recommendations so far via nextdoor.com.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017