Studying at the library

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
got a certification exam coming up and am studying at the library. after college, i studied for my professional license and one other certification and now this one. i'm not sure when i'll stop getting more certificates as this may be the last. unless i get an executive MBA or something.

BTW, i never did study at the library when i was and undergrad nor in grad school. my field don't involve a lot of reading and memorization.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sounds like you are certifiable! Congrats.

ZenNUTS said:   Sounds like you are certifiable! Congrats.
  i hope so. it's almost $2K to take the exam. and yes, work is paying for it.

It's the latest. It's the greatest. It's the public liberry.

Is it like super secret field where you can't even name the field? Gosh!

ach1199 said:   Is it like super secret field where you can't even name the field? Gosh!
  yeah. i don't want to have to kill you.

Free the Bundy One!

The public library was like a second home to me when I was a kid. I still read much more than most people I know and I love it. There was a branch library close enough that I could ride my bike to it. The main library was big and sort of intimidating in The Downtown area, which was not our part of town. It had a big fountain in the front of the building and had scary-looking (to a kid) natural history exhibits inside in addition to all the books. 

"If Bundy fries, free Fries!" - Promotion at a Florida restaurant the week of his execution.

Studying at the library is a good option especially when you have people to disturb you at home. If you are not provided with a peaceful environment then it is impossible for you to study for such certificate courses.

kirbydog said:   The public library was like a second home to me when I was a kid. 
  I thought it was a bathroom for homeless people.

I thought it was Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the candlestick.

kirbydog said:   The public library was like a second home to me when I was a kid. 

The public library is our second home :

without it, I couldn't visit the forums, do Internet shopping & searches, get free movies, ...

Today being Tuesday:  we are at the Library.
We can only get dial-up Internet at home.... so every Tuesday is library day.

During the Summer, we travel for work [3 or 4 days a week - some weeks], so the rest of the time:  LIBRARY !!!

We have seen every types of Libraries, from Maine to Virginia. All libraries have a different flavour.
From the tiny ones in Tunbridge, VT  and Cornish, ME; to the big one in Syracuse, NY - where a security guard warned us right away about keeping an eye on our laptops.

Next to our "home town [15 miles] Library", the one we have spent the most time over the years, is in West Lebanon, NH [highly recommended ! - and they always have a full shelf of free books !]
Camping at the WalMart there - spending time at the Library ..... that's what I call living cheap.

[sitting a few feet from me is a youngish man we see every week, he seems to be studying something - laptop, & documents all over.] 

Did I say that I love Libraries ? 

hey, i forgot, i volunteered at the library in high school! i needed 100 hours and i did mine at the county library.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017