• filter:

Master Bait + Tackle thread

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Lonely fishermen (and women) unite.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I'll start off. Hi my name is Will, and when I fish I like it salty.

rated:
Mod, please move this to finance.

oh wait, this isn't the bait and troll thread.

rated:
Before I fish, or hunt, I go to Cabela's and/or Bass Pro Shops for my gear and supplies.

rated:
Cabela's, the one stop shop for master baiters with issues about their tackle size. The one near here is lift-kit truck central, all Rob Halford macho style. I've even seen the trucks with testicles hanging from them, gay parade style. Dr Freud to thread number 1554529 please.

rated:
I get most of my tackle from wally world, bait and last minute stuff from a local shop out by the cape. I'm surprised wally world tends to have what I need, since locally they are geared fur freshwater.

Not a fan of Bass Pro or ganda, I mean Gander, and we don't have Cabelas in the state.

rated:
I only use one artificial lure now, a Jointed Pikie Minnow that was from my dad and is about 55+ years old.
It barely has any paint left on it and looks like a wood close-pin with hooks as the paint has peeled
off over the years from the teeth marks of the past Musky and Northern that bit it and the wood swells
up on it when it was wet and loses more paint. I have tried newer Pikie's but they just dont seem to get any
hits so there is something about the color of this old bait or its action that is pretty irresistible for the fish.
It I dont get a hit on this bait (even if musky is not legal size), in about 10-15 casts, there is just no fish around in the area.

For Walleye, I use live bait (large chubs) and a 2 inch bobber. The smaller fish usually wont bother the larger live bait.
I will eat the Walleye but the musky and northern are catch and release.  They put up quite a fight.

rated:
I only read the first half of the title. 

rated:
ach1199 said:   I only read the first half of the title. 

Did you click on it to correct OP's spelling or to see what titillation the thread contained?

rated:
I need to go fishing.

rated:
scrouds said:   I need to go fishing.
Completely understand; ice only left here last week and we're supposed to have another cold spell.  That does, however, give me time to respool the reels and reorg my tackle trays, as they won't start biting for another 3-4 weeks here.  

rated:
Fishing in the mountains outside LA and in High Sierras as a kid with my dad, Velveeta Cheese almost never failed as bait. I didnt even know people ate Velveeta.

rated:
^lol I barely knew there were other types of cheese until I left home!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017