• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I didn't know it but my Sacramento Public Library does.  It's the first time I've heard about it, so this may have been the first time they're doing it.  I got this email from them:

=16pxFebruary 14 - March 15
All Sacramento Public Library locations
Bring back your overdue items and we'll waive your fines.

=14pxDo you have an old Library item, like a book or movie, lying around that you've been meaning to bring back, but wince at the thought of the potential fine involved? You’re in luck because we’re waiving fines on all returned Library items from Feb. 14 - March 15=14px.

=14pxWe understand that sometimes things can fall through the cracks. We also have a sense of humor and would love to hear your reasons for returning your items late, no matter how audacious. Tell us your stories on social media using #NoFineIfFound=14px.

• =14pxOverdue items in any condition may be returned to any of our 28 locations.
  • =14pxFines associated with the value of items returned, plus a $10 collection agency fine, will be waived.
  • =14pxIf you have already brought items back, but didn’t pay the $10 collection agency fine, visit any Library location to have the fine waived.

=14pxThe following items are not eligible for Fine Forgiveness:

• =14pxPartner Library items
  • =14pxLink+ collection items
  • =14pxInterlibrary loan items

=14pxSee our staff for additional details.

=14pxWe don't want to let a fine get in the way of our continued relationship. Sacramento Public Library is committed to providing quality library services for all Sacramentans. 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
As often as they have free lapdance days. On the other hand, the library fines should be cheaper.

rated:
About once a year, but they don't stop you from checking out books until fines total $25.

rated:
My sister could have used this about 25 years ago when her kids were little.  The fines got so high on her card and both of her son's cards that she couldn't check out books on any of them anymore.  She returned 95% of the books, but they were always overdue.

So, she got another card for her son, Pete.  Pete didn't actually exist, but he somehow learned to bring back his books on time.

rated:
My library doesn't start asking for money until you've racked up at least a $5 balance. And you can pay a minimum of $2 to get back under $5.

rated:
Our late fees are always waived because, quoth the librarian, "The MiniKKH's are so well behaved." News to me, but whatever.

rated:
I once read a book. Cat in the Hat.

rated:
Pay your late fees, deadbeats!

Sincerely,
Your local library

rated:
How many people still use the library in the internet age? I thought it was just a bathroom for homeless people.

rated:
burgerwars said:   I once read a book. Cat in the Hat.
Not Green Eggs and Hamburgers?

rated:
clangle said:   Pay your late fees, deadbeats!

Sincerely,
Your local library

No matter how bad the library?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017