What can you get away with stealing from hotels.

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
Link: https://uk.style.yahoo.com/away-stealing-hotels-090000752.html

To be honest, when I was a bit younger, I kept more stuff from the rooms. Now, they can keep it. It's mostly stuff I don't need, I don't have room for plus it adds weight to my luggage.

I now think if you're going to keep stuff, why bother with towels and all the toiletries you can cram in your luggage. Get a truck and dress as a mover. Empty the room of furniture. Who will believe someone will take it all? They'll probably think they work for the hotel and not say a thing.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I think anything that is consumable, you can take, like bath tissue, Kleenex, soap...

I needed a pen, room 117 of the Camino real Managua Nicaragua was happy to oblige.

Be sure to steal the bed warmer.

I stay at an upscale hotel in NYC almost every month and take all the toiletry items minus the TP.  The housekeeping staff said that each time new guest checks in they have to replace them (safety issue - don't want someone one to drop poisonous stuff in shampoo/body wash) .  So I might as well make a use of them.  Never taken anything that's outside of bathroom except for nice pens they give out.

I always take away the pens and sometimes the writing pads or shampoo. Once I found out the cupboard of the room which I was given was filled with some large packets of chips, Nutella and chocolates. For the first day, I waited to see if someone asks me to return the stuff so I can hand it back to them but when nobody came, I kept it all in my luggage and went away.

Would it be a sin to steal the Gideon's bible?

sherrielarrison said:   I always take away the pens and sometimes the writing pads or shampoo. Once I found out the cupboard of the room which I was given was filled with some large packets of chips, Nutella and chocolates. For the first day, I waited to see if someone asks me to return the stuff so I can hand it back to them but when nobody came, I kept it all in my luggage and went away.
Only take the mini bar snacks if someone else is picking up the tab.

george2001 said:   Would it be a sin to steal the Gideon's bible?
  I've yet to see a bible in many hotels I've stayed at....may be in the hospital rooms but not in hotels.

george2001 said:   Would it be a sin to steal the Gideon's bible?
  It was a great mystery clue in that one Mission Impossible film.

I take virginities.

I'm going to capture a Gideon. Yeah, I'm going to make that my hobby. I'll call up the front desk one day and say, "Uh, I don't seem to have a Bible in my room." [/bill hicks]

ganda said:   I'm going to capture a Gideon. Yeah, I'm going to make that my hobby. I'll call up the front desk one day and say, "Uh, I don't seem to have a Bible in my room." [/bill hicks]
  Stake out my office.  They show up here all the time.

To answer an above question, the Gideons want you to take the Bible if you want it/don't own one.  There's a stack of replacements in supply room.


click to catch them all
Disclaimer
ganda said:   I'm going to capture a Gideon.
 

<--- Like that ?

Kandykornhead said:   
ganda said:   I'm going to capture a Gideon. Yeah, I'm going to make that my hobby. I'll call up the front desk one day and say, "Uh, I don't seem to have a Bible in my room." [/bill hicks]


To answer an above question, the Gideons want you to take the Bible if you want it/don't own one.  There's a stack of replacements in supply room.
 

  
The Supply Room?! It says "this Bible was placed here by a Gideon" not by Consuela from housekeeping. More lies



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017