Somewhere, Steve Harvey...

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
...is toasting Warren Beatty

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Steve Harvey is finally off the hook.

It looks like they figured it out. Duplicate envelopes for each award are made for some reason, and Warren Beatty got the envelope for the previous award to Emma Stone for La La Land. He looks at it, and it doesn't seem right. Then he does what any "honorable man" is supposed to do: Pass it to the nearest woman around and have Faye Dunaway do the flub.

That duplicate envelope was supposed to be destroyed after each announcement.
The Quality of help now a days on doing your job correctly is atrocious.

( Or you could blame it on the Russians. )

#OscarsSoDumb

Another Russian hack!

Not My Oscar protesters alleging Russian involvement.

ryeny3 said:   Not My Oscar protesters alleging Russian involvement.
Shirtless Putin and the Bear swept all categories due to Putin's amazing display of pure masculinity comrade. To say otherwise is to win free tickets to it's premier in Siberia.

Mods said they (who shall not be named) didn't do it

pretty amazing that it happened. i thought the La La Land guys did a good job of handing it over.
haven't seen moolight. did see manchester by the sea. not sure what all the fuss about.

miserly said:   pretty amazing that it happened. i thought the La La Land guys did a good job of handing it over.
haven't seen moolight. did see manchester by the sea. not sure what all the fuss about.

I saw all of the best picture nominees, as usual.  I didn't think Manchester by the Sea was a great movie, but I see why it won the awards it won.  I thought for sure that La La Land was going to win best picture.  That being said, I really wanted to see Lion win it.  I thought that was the better movie overall.  Moonlight was just okay in my mind.

I was surprised to see that Arrival was nominated for anything. Granted we watched it late one night and I was drinking scotch at the time.

I really dug Arrival. But I guess it's a movie only geeks could love.

ZenNUTS said:   I really dug Arrival. But I guess it's a movie only geeks could love.
  The Abbott and Costello naming bugged me, but I can't explain why. I think Abbott was mean is probably the reason.

2 PwC Accountants in Oscars Mix-Up Won t Be Back, Academy Says - The New York Times
Disclaimer
The PriceWaterhouseCoopers accountants won't be involved in the Oscars show again.

I read Brian Cullinan, the one who passed out the wrong envelope, liked being part of all the glamour.  He didn't have a complicated job on the show.  Just pass the right envelope to someone.  Where can I apply for next year's show?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017