• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
i just ordered at noon. Not PrimeNow which is supposed to be within 2 hours.
I'm going to guess 6PM.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
For me Amazon's in house delivery service is often a day late (for Prime), so good luck. We don't have same day delivery here, we have trees and rivers instead

rated:
ganda said:   We don't have same day delivery here, we have trees and rivers instead
  We have streets and buildings. Just got an email saying it is on its way.

rated:
I subscribed to one month free of Amazon Crime, but cancelled it after the free trial. Stuff came quick, but I don't order enough to justify paying for it.

rated:
Latest I got anything was like 9pm

rated:
miserly said:   i just ordered at noon. Not PrimeNow which is supposed to be within 2 hours.
I'm going to guess 6PM

Title said 1 day delivery, not same day delivery. How much extra did you have to pay and what is it that you couldn't wait a few days for?

rated:
Same day/next day items ship free with prime for eligible items in Stock at your local warehouse with eligible items in an order over $35.

Its great for car parts, and for the most part prices have been competitive but usually not the beat price if you are willing to wait longer for shipments from other vendors.

rated:
Actually I have a car on jack stands today to check brakes. Need rear pads. This would come in Handy if I wanted to get it done today but nothing from Amazon saying free same day shipping. Pads are $8.60 at RockAuto or $14.19 with shipping. Local parts store I get it tomorrow from, $13.90.

rated:
6:18PM so just over 6 hours. not bad.

rated:
We have trees and grass and streams and Prime 2-day delivery has been 2 days or less 99.5% of the time, haven't tried 1 day delivery yet.

Latest we have had a delivery was ~2:30am by a subcontractor in an unmarked personal car. Wonder if this was the result of chronic harassment by police?

rated:
mapatsfan said:   Latest we have had a delivery was ~2:30am by a subcontractor in an unmarked personal car. 
  If somebody woke me up by knocking on my door at 2:30 am to make a delivery, I'd be a little ticked off, and certainly wouldn't open the door.

rated:
Yeah, I wouldn't have been happy either.

My son happened to be awake, saw the delivery notice for his shipment pop up on his phone, looked out the window and saw the driver place the package in our mailbox and then drive off.  I think that one was about 1.5 days for delivery from Amaz0n.

rated:
mapatsfan said:    saw the driver place the package in our mailbox and then drive off. 
  That violated some postal/government code as a mailbox is only supposed to be used for U.S. mail.

rated:
My last two "prime 2-day" orders were delivered by USPS and put in my mailbox on a SUNDAY. I'm wondering if the post office is quickly becoming USPSAZON.

rated:
atikovi said:   
mapatsfan said:    saw the driver place the package in our mailbox and then drive off. 
  That violated some postal/government code as a mailbox is only supposed to be used for U.S. mail.

I don't know who the subcon was delivering for, probably was USPS as we've never had anyone else use the box.

rated:
meade18 said:   My last two "prime 2-day" orders were delivered by USPS and put in my mailbox on a SUNDAY. I'm wondering if the post office is quickly becoming USPSAZON.
 USPS has some part of the weekend/Sunday delivery contract for Amaz0n, maybe even all of it.  We see USPS trucks zipping around all day here on Sundays making those drop offs.  I ordered Amaz0n OralB-clone brush heads from a Hot Deals post, they had a USPS tracking # and were delivered while we were out of the house yesterday.

rated:
As an example of my lousy Prime, I placed a Prime order on Saturday, and this morning (Tuesday) at 7AM got a shipping notification email with an expected delivery date of yesterday

rated:
My experience is pretty good with Prime. Now that they are using the USPS more, I have seen some delays. I find it amusing too that they code their delays as a delivery problem. ie business closed, receptacle blocked, etc. I assume they are trying to meet an SLA with Amazon and are being told to lie.

rated:
gremln007 said:   My experience is pretty good with Prime. Now that they are using the USPS more, I have seen some delays. I find it amusing too that they code their delays as a delivery problem. ie business closed, receptacle blocked, etc. I assume they are trying to meet an SLA with Amazon and are being told to lie.
It really irritates me when they do that. Don't try to blame ME for YOUR failure! Especially when Amazon follows up the tracking with an e-mail erroneously stating that Sunday delivery was attempted. 

rated:
Most of the one day has been 2 day or by Post Office. GRRRRRRR!

rated:
Moe: You can flash fry a buffalo in 40 seconds.
Homer: 40 seconds? But I want it now...

rated:
USPS tracking said: WE'VE INCORRECTLY SORTED THE PACKAGE AT OUR FACILITY. THIS MAY CAUSE AT LEAST ONE BUSINESS DAY DELAY.

I'm shocked. They actually took responsibility for their error. That's a first. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017