The co-founder of Waffle House has died, he was 97

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Once again the key to long life proves to be tasty fattening food.

Waffle House

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
"He keeled over easy" said a family member about his last moments.

ganda said:   "He keeled over easy" said a family member about his last moments.
He was smothered and covered.

He was happy, successful and loved his work. That he lived to 97 was just gravy.

RIP Mr. Waffle. I like waffles but never ate at Waffle House. They don't exist in my part of the world. It's IHOP for me.

I've never been to a Waffle House either. When I'm in the area and suggest it Mrs. ganda always vetoes it, and I end up with quinoa with a side of kale for breakfast

ganda said:   I've never been to a Waffle House either. When I'm in the area and suggest it Mrs. ganda always vetoes it, and I end up with quinoa with a side of kale for breakfast
I'm surprised you are still alive with a diet like that.

Waffle houses all over the place. Been here 20 years. Never eaten at one.

I have eaten at them, and enjoyed the pecan waffle. RIP.

kamalktk said:   Once again the key to long life proves to be tasty fattening food.

You can't really say that. I didn't see in the story that he actually ate the food that his restaurants served. Maybe he had good genes and if he didn't eat much fattening food he could have lived to 110.

Canucklehead said:   Waffle houses all over the place. Been here 20 years. Never eaten at one.
  Me neither. Waffles are breakfast food and I can't fathom getting dressed to eat breakfast. BTW, Eggo just came out with a new variety, https://www.leggomyeggo.com/en_US/products/waffles/Kellogg-s-Egg... that's pretty good.

Canucklehead said:   Waffle houses all over the place. Been here 20 years. Never eaten at one.

I've also never eaten at one. I don't think there are any near me, but plenty of IHOPs nearby.

atikovi said:   Canucklehead said:   Waffle houses all over the place. Been here 20 years. Never eaten at one.
  Me neither. Waffles are breakfast food and I can't fathom getting dressed to eat breakfast.

Dressed? Clearly you've never been to a Waffle House.

People there in pj's?

atikovi said:   People there in pj's?
I would say it compares more to the people of Walmart. And if you do go in the middle of the night, you might see some pimps waiting for their 1099s.

atikovi said:   
 Waffles are breakfast food....

Contrary to your wafflist statement, waffles can, and in fact frequently are, eaten at meals other than breakfast.

OK but it just seems weird.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017