How do you get to be 1,100 pounds?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
1,100 pound woman leaves home for surgery.  They needed a crane to remove her from her apartment.  How do you even get to be that size?  I think you'll need to consume liters and liters and liters of soda each day, let alone clean McDonald's out of inventory, just to maintain your weight.  She couldn't leave the house.  That leaves her family ("enablers")  to finance and bring her tons of food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCd8jGi5Do

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
burgerwars said:   How do you even get to be that size?  I think you'll need to consume liters and liters and liters of soda each day, 
  No, not soda. People that fat drink the diet version anyway.

I have a glandular issue that makes me eat ice cream by the pint.

♪ ♫
(Don't) Walk Like An Egyptian
♪ ♫

ganda said:   I have a glandular issue that makes me eat ice cream by the gallon.
Fixed for this person

Eat more calories than you burn.

People can't get this size without family/friends feeding them. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR FAMILY/FRIEND??? If you rely on me to bring you food, you're eating salads. /not sorry

http://www.gq.com/story/how-the-worlds-heaviest-man-lost-it-all

interesting story about a guy who was almost 1000 pounds. how he got there and where he is now.

Are any of those people vegans or vegetarians?

larrymoencurly said:   Are any of those people vegans or vegetarians?
  Vegans or vegetarians don't eat potato chips and Doritos?

Easy weight gain program: Eat More, Move Less.

Not sure, but 1/3 of the way there.

One pound at a time.

you all are a bunch of @$$holes.

Hmm... what's the best way to not get into the news? Oh yeah, don't have the side of your building removed so you can get out.

FrugalFreaky said:   you all are a bunch of @$$holes.
  You must be new here.

Or really fat.

Chill out. We just discuss/post unusual news. It's not meant to insult someone in the news. We insult each other instead.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/off-topic/1558768
yes, we all have them.

@$$holes are like opinions. Everybody's got one. (I didn't make that up.)

Watch "My 600 lb Life" on TLC or Discovery Life. People that weight so much are referred to as Super Morbidly Obese. These people have family/friends that enable their extreme eating habits. The guy that was featured this week, ate 4 sausage patties, 6 eggs, 6 biscuits, all smothered with a cup of white sausage gravy - for breakfast. He snacks on cookies or other junk between meals. Dinner was a plateful of beef pieces swimming in gravy, with about 2 cups of mashed potatoes covered in even more gravy - and he still had room for a huge piece of pie for dessert.

Article said she was having a gastric sleeve procedure, that's because at her weight, anesthesia is highly risky. Gastric bypass takes longer, gastric sleeve is quicker. This woman will have most of her stomach removed, leaving a small tube fashioned from the remainder of her stomach. In many cases, a 3rd to 2 3rds of the small intestine are removed as well. The sleeve is attached to the remainder. This will force her, initially, to eat far less. But if eating habits aren't changed, and enablers stopped, eventually the tube gets stretched, and the weight comes back on.

Very few doctors will even operate on a 500+ lb person, as the risk is huge. Bariatric surgeons willing to operate, typically avoid bypass surgery, and use only the sleeve procedure. This lady had to make a risky trip to another country, just to find one of these few surgeons willing to perform surgery. But if she's going to succeed, the family has to make drastic changes to what, and how much, they feed her.

SweetClover said:   Watch "My 600 lb Life" on TLC or Discovery Life. People that weight so much are referred to as Super Morbidly Obese.
It's a super power!

kamalktk said:   SweetClover said:   Watch "My 600 lb Life" on TLC or Discovery Life. People that weight so much are referred to as Super Morbidly Obese.
It's a super power!

you all are a bunch of @$$holes.

Oh snap, I think that was a contraindication for my super power. 1/3 a super hero (sub) I am.

Diabetes, disabled before weight....

Stress. I eat to compensate for being stressed. A Wendy's frosty is cheaper and more convenient than going to counseling. I'm nowhere near 1,100 pounds, yet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017