I love my whiny distant neighbors

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
When did nextdoor become a complains dump forums???

this is my distant neighbor whiny about people burning

What some people who burn, don't realize is, if the oils from the poison ivy or poison oak are inhaled, you can get poison ivy internally and it could be deadly. I don't understand why some neighbor feel they have the right to burn every other day or weekly for that matter. They prevent their neighbors from enjoying the fresh air both inside their home and outside. Some of us do enjoy a nice day with windows open. Why can't the burning be limited. It is a nuisance.

I am one who has to carry an epi pen around with me at all times and most of the Spring there have been more than one occasion where someone burns everyday. My inhalers have been in overload and I usually can't go out and enjoy a beautiful day. I think once a month is burning would be appropriate not everyday. What could you have to burn that much. Please take into consideration those with allergies.

DONT MOVE OUT TO THE COUNTRY!!!!!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
tantuti said:   I am one who has to carry an epi pen around with me at all times and most of the Spring there have been more than one occasion where someone burns everyday

You live near a funeral home?

There's a funeral home (and crematory) right next to an industrial Kitchen place on may way home. I used to smell food cooking, now I'm not so sure....

tantuti said:   When did nextdoor become a complains dump forums???

this is my distant neighbor whiny about people burning

What some people who burn, don't realize is, if the oils from the poison ivy or poison oak are inhaled, you can get poison ivy internally and it could be deadly. I don't understand why some neighbor feel they have the right to burn every other day or weekly for that matter. They prevent their neighbors from enjoying the fresh air both inside their home and outside. Some of us do enjoy a nice day with windows open. Why can't the burning be limited. It is a nuisance.

I am one who has to carry an epi pen around with me at all times and most of the Spring there have been more than one occasion where someone burns everyday. My inhalers have been in overload and I usually can't go out and enjoy a beautiful day. I think once a month is burning would be appropriate not everyday. What could you have to burn that much. Please take into consideration those with allergies.

DONT MOVE OUT TO THE COUNTRY!!!!!

Wow! Here in California there are air quality agencies. One of our neighbors (we live in a city, not in the country) used to burn paper rather than recycling it. The chimney must have been messed up or perhaps it was the direction of the wind but on more than one occasion I thought our house was on fire because of the strong smoke smell inside our house when we had left windows open for "fresh" air. There are designated "spare the air" days announced when air quality is determined to be declining in quality. People who use their fireplaces other than as their sole source of heat can be fined if they burn during spare the air days.

I live in the suburbs, occasionally I smell wood burning, because someone somewhere is burning a fire in a fireplace. But the 1st time I thought there was a house fire. I live in a subdivision of townhouses. We have a) the county landfill & recycling plant, and b) a big cocoa processing plant, nearby. I can't say I have noted any odors from the landfill, but occasionally I do from the plant, and unfortunately, it does not smell like chocolate. It's more of a sulfur-like smell. The county has been on the plant to better filter emissions to meet DE air quality standards.

I grew up in suburbia, near farmland, so manure in Spring was something you got used to. We also burned scrap-wood by the creek bed, and we had a big compost pile that we dumped food scraps on. I remember enjoying those big bonfires from burning scrap-wood, and toasting marshmallows. Moved to rural MD where nearly everybody had wood stoves, more farmland with manure in Spring, and the big compost pile, and more bonfires. I agree that if you live in a rural area, and even some remote suburban areas, you shouldn't complain about something that is an accepted practice in the area. I also have allergies, so if there is an air quality issue, I close the windows. I rarely even need an inhaler.

almost every morning, i smell what i have assumed were wood pellets from somebody's chimney. i guess they think that is cheaper than gas to heat the house? because it's in the 50's in the morning, the smell and smoke lingers.

Tell them to get their own marijuana.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017