Ice or Rock?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm not sure why I had this thought but...
In terms of the Universe, what is older?
Ice or rock?
Kindly elaborate your answer with an explanation.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Rock can form at a higher temperature than ice, and since the universe started off super-duper hot and then has cooled from there, I'm going with rock first.

On the other hand, Ice is 49, and Rock is 44. So Ice formed first.

I thought this was a thread about whiskey. Never mind.

Whether you call them ice or rocks, diamonds are both forever and a girls best friend.

scrouds said:   Whether you call them ice or rocks, diamonds are both forever and a girls best friend.
  Diamonds.....That'll shut her up.

can you smell what the rock is cooking?

sublimosa said:   can you smell what the rock is cooking?
It's cod. He has said he eats like 10 pounds of cod a day as part of his diet to keep his muscles.

I knew there was something fishy about him.

on which day were rocks created?

All right stop, Collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly

Iceland was settled in the 9th century, but Rockland (County, NY) wasn't founded until 1798.

If Ice is older than rock than what holds the water?
Water is held by land and rock is a form of compressed soil so again the discussion is neutral not heading anywhere -_-

Kandykornhead said:   All right stop, Collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly

Will it ever stop?

Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock,

Spock is dead so Rock Wins.

Ice is frozen water, H2O, while a "typical" rock here on earth contains heavier elements.

However, water don't form ice until planets forms so I guess rock had to exist first.

It is a type of question that is similar to Chicken came first or the egg?
So, reading the forum members' replies (still lacking any specialized scientists who can explain the theory), I think that rock must have come first in the universe!

Uh, you missed my reply?

Rock is older. The planet Earth was made of soil and rocks. I think that majority of matter are made of rocks. I recall some of the events that happened after the big bang theory, like a carbon turning into diamond from a liquified hot star.

ZenNUTS said:   Uh, you missed my reply?
  ummm... probably yes... because the thread is full of assumptions and thoughts. Not a clear answer to the question...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017