• filter:

Ford focus 2000

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
My 2000 Ford focus ran hot because of a pinhole in the reservior I stopped immediately.There is no water in the oil but it will turn over but not fire up help

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Ok.

rated:
Thank you for contact the fatwallet tech support line. You're call is valuable to us.

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

rated:
Does it have AGP?

rated:
Let it cool down and try in the morning.

rated:
The OP should be taken seriously. A pinhole in the reservoir is no laughing matter. 431 people died when the St. Francis Dam failed hours after William Mulholland, the Chief Engineer, inspected it. Link

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   Does it have AGP?Dont you remember anything? Seesh.
2000 models had upgraded it to a DVI. AGP is for losers.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   The OP should be taken seriously. A pinhole in the reservoir is no laughing matter. 431 people died when the St. Francis Dam failed hours after William Mulholland, the Chief Engineer, inspected it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Francis_Dam

So called "experts" often don't know what they're talking about. My grandfather died 20 minutes after being given a clean bill of health in a day long physical exam.

rated:
He was hit by a train

rated:
OP - You may wanna try these folks:   http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/

rated:
fdonna said:   My 2000 Ford focus ran hot because of a pinhole in the reservior
I don't think you mean "reservior, unless the pinhole was at the bottom and you neglected it for a long time.  The reservoir is the radiator overflow tank and is translucent plastic, and when the engine is hot, excess coolant is supposed to flow into it, and then when the engine cools down the coolant is supposed to flow back into the radiator.

Replace 2000-2007 Ford Focus reservoir

On the other hand it's easy for a leaky radiator to cause an engine to overheat.  

rated:
mapatsfan said:   The OP should be taken seriously. A pinhole in the reservoir is no laughing matter. 431 people died when the St. Francis Dam failed hours after William Mulholland, the Chief Engineer, inspected it. Link

California has had its issues with reservoir leaks. Check YouTube for when the Baldwin Hills Dam collapsed in the early 60's. Another near catastrophe after the Sylmar earthquake in the early 70's. This was long before there were Ford Focuses. Ford Pintos existed, which were crap cars that leaked a lot.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017