• filter:

buskers (street entertainers) - your thoughts

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

scrooged (72.05kB)
Disclaimer
buskers! those people you see at street corners, in front of stores and interesting sites, in parks...do you think they are entertaining? annoying? do you tip them? join them? call the cops? exact your revenge...?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I thought you just made that up until I Googled it.

rated:
I also did not know this word. The only time I've encountered them is while on vacation so I guess I have a positive view of the whole thing. Better than standing there with a cardboard sign that says "anything helps".

rated:
ok, i updated the title :p

rated:
There once was an annoying mime who died while choking on a pickle. You might say it was the greatest performance of his career as a mime. He also got his story on the tv show "1000 ways to die."

rated:
I knew what a busker is.

rated:
kamalktk said:   I knew what a busker is.

We got us a reader!

rated:
ganda said:   kamalktk said:   I knew what a busker is.

We got us a reader!

Aaaaah!
<runs away>

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   I also did not know this word. The only time I've encountered them is while on vacation so I guess I have a positive view of the whole thing. Better than standing there with a cardboard sign that says "anything helps".
  Rereading this, it sounds like I'm saying, "MCB, if  you do this, in my mind you'll be just a sliver above panhandlers"  That's not what I intended, but it is kind of funny.  

rated:
rofl...that's pretty much how i took it. but i wasn't offended. i have heard of some people making some decent money doing it. i have also heard of some bands doing it on the side to test out new material

reason it came up is that here in SD, 'specially in balboa park, there are people that are pretty serious about it. you actually have to have a license to do it (in balboa park), and they do it in lottery fashion, so you gotta get up pretty early to get a good location. but yeah, i like to watch them. and i try to tip

i dunno if i could ever do it, tho. i can't sing. so people would go to tip me, then hear me sing, and then change their minds

rated:
a lot of places require a license of sorts to perform. otherwise, it may be mayhem!

rated:
In Chicago, it's not only that a license is required but also only at certain places/subway stations, certain hours, low decibels and no bucket drummers.  The last item is the brand new thing.

rated:
I think I am glad for this thread as I was doing an anagram puzzle and it helped me beat out another player who I tend to pit myself against.
I think I learned "busker" in Gathering Prey by John Sandford. I had to look it up as I'd never heard it before.
I don't think I've ever encountered a busker in RL or if I did, they weren't good enough to stick in my memory.

rated:
I was recently in new Orleans, in the French Quarter. The buskers must have some sort of licensing system because they were all really good.

rated:
I almost always enjoy NYC buskers. Even take my headphones out to listen, usually. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017