• filter:

frailty, thy name is priceline

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
so i'm going back to PA (philly area) to visit some friends that i haven't seen in a few years. i did the usual searching on pr1celine, h0twire, etc

btw, is it just me, or are a few of them eerily similar? if i didn't know better, i might think they were the same site 

but i divest

i found a price to my liking on trystline (ok, it's not pronounced that way, but it's funny to me), so i tried to nail it. got an error. i figured i just lagged, being the lagger that i am, and so i tried again. error. so i tried it super speedy like. error. so i tried it with a fox and in a box, and got errors. i tried it with a different browser, and got errors.

so yeah, i checked with their support team to see if they were having issues. another observation - some wicked spendy hotels in the area were going for mad cheap. but when i asked if others were having similar issues, she just stonewalled me. something about "your card wasn't charged, so there's nothing we can do."

um, meanwhile, i am trying FOR HOURS on this site to get somewhere (pun somewhat intended), and the prices on the competing sites are going up. she didn't really offer to try to troubleshoot (here, try this fare, i will look at logs, etc). i was not even sure if she was interested in the possibility of a problem going on. but one thing is sure - i didn't pay money, so there wasn't a problem

as luck would have it, i went to exp3dia and booked something on the first try. i have a feeling that not all components were on the same page (flight, hotel, car), and so there was a point of failure. but now i guess i have to submit the story to Unsolved Mysteries, because it's not like investigation can happen in real time

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Those online booking sites get a cut of the motel reservation so they will steer you away (not show) the cheapest choices. Rarely do I see Motel 6, Super 8, EconoLodge etc. in their search results even when there is one in the area.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017