Do you REALLY want to know what Coke does to you?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
A science experiment showing just what happens when Coca-Cola is swallowed will leave soft drink lovers feeling sick in the stomach.Original Article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4381576/Do-REALLY-know-C... used to hang a piece of fresh meat in a glass of coke overnight at school in science class and there would be nothing left of the meat in the morning. It also used to make copper pennies look like new. Also, coke is believed to be an excellent bathroom cleaner. People back off from drinking coke after watching those experiments using different soft drinks and other liquids that did strange things to metals and other substances.Despite knowing all the facts, I still drink coke because I just canít actually digest the fact that how could these renowned coke companies do this to us?†

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Colas would be green without the added caramel color. The green color is from the phosphoric acid, which is basically what the cleaner lime-away is made of. How sweet to think a corporation would not knowingly offer to sell you something harmful .

I left a pineapple on the table. It started smelling really rotten after a week. I don't think it's safe to eat pineapples either.

If you want to hang out, you've gotta take her out

^♪

Oh....., that kind of Coke.
Never mind.....

Dailymail... sigh... when did they stop running UFO stories?

Instead of educating the public they just spread further misunderstanding.

The experiment, which I didn't bother to watch, is probably true. What's missing in this kind of "science" experiment is context and a general misunderstand of how body functions. Your own stomach acid is very strong as well. Yet I didn't hear of anyone want to remove their stomach.

It's also the reason that none of the yogurt product really help in "improving digestion" because all those bacteria dies before it reaches your gut. The only proven remedy when the bactria flora gets damaged is to swallow a "poop pill".

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2014/10/11/355126926/fr...

The metal part is scary. I've totally banned my robot from drinking Coke.

Daily Mail! OMG how could anyone actually believe a single word in it! buahahahaha!!!!!

kirbydog said:   Daily Mail! OMG how could anyone actually believe a single word in it! buahahahaha!!!!!
It's the Daily Fail, so now I doubt Coke exists.

What does Vanilla Coke do to me?
Makes me happy.

kamalktk said:   What does powdered Coke do to me?
Makes me happy.

† I bet,

After searching harder, I have discovered that this news is fake and the ingredients in any soft drink can make it work like that.
Here is the link to the original article:
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp
As far as the acid in our stomachs is considered,
The acid in our stomach would burn a hole in any carpet. Should we get our stomachs removed?
Drinking too much water in one go can kill you. Should we not drink water?
The CO2 in our atmosphere (if one breathes it in), can kill us. Should we stop breathing air?
So, it's all about context. Drinking coke on occasion won't kill you. Worrying about it might, though.

I'd be more concerned about the sugar and calories in Coke, unless you mean diet. Then you're golden.

Those fountain Cokes from McDonald's are to die for

Coke or Pepsi?

Pepsi 1893 FTW!

sherrielarrison said:   After searching harder, I have discovered that this news is fake and the ingredients in any soft drink can make it work like that.
Here is the link to the original article:
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp
As far as the acid in our stomachs is considered,
The acid in our stomach would burn a hole in any carpet. Should we get our stomachs removed?
Drinking too much water in one go can kill you. Should we not drink water?
The CO2 in our atmosphere (if one breathes it in), can kill us. Should we stop breathing air?
So, it's all about context. Drinking coke on occasion won't kill you. Worrying about it might, though.

††
Yes, water is dangerous!

george2001 said:   Yes, water is dangerous!
††

Lol, so we have none to trust, no pure water to drink and polluted oxygen to breathe. Should we starve now?

Is stomach acid better?

larrymoencurly said:   Is stomach acid better?
† Stomach acid must be better that is the reason it resides in your stomach. But keep in mind that this acid has the ability to destroy anything. That is to say; if you don't give it anything to digest and react on, it will eventually start reacting on the inner lining of your stomach walls which can be harmful and leads to ulcers. So, don't take your stomach acid that light. It is better only if you give it something to digest.

sherrielarrison said:   After searching harder, I have discovered that this news is fake and the ingredients in any soft drink can make it work like that.
Here is the link to the original article:
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp
As far as the acid in our stomachs is considered,
The acid in our stomach would burn a hole in any carpet. Should we get our stomachs removed?
Drinking too much water in one go can kill you. Should we not drink water?
The CO2 in our atmosphere (if one breathes it in), can kill us. Should we stop breathing air?
So, it's all about context. Drinking coke on occasion won't kill you. Worrying about it might, though.

snopes is worse than dailymail †

morecowbell said:   snopes is worse than dailymail †
† OKAY!†I don't know how to check the reputation and ranking of any website. And, I'm unable to find some reputable website to believe on. So, I quit this thread†

That coke and mentos challenge was what caught my eye. then i went through that meat and coke thing over facebook. and then i was looking at that coke as a toilet cleaner thing too. heck, i think after prolonged exposure to bones, it can even consume our teeth's enamel. asked two of my dentist friends and they confirmed it but said at least in the case of teeth, saliva washes the coke down. still..

sherrielarrison said:   
morecowbell said:   snopes is worse than dailymail †
† OKAY!†I don't know how to check the reputation and ranking of any website. And, I'm unable to find some reputable website to believe on. So, I quit this thread†

don't take it too hard. you just have to feel stuff out and compare to what you know, etc. you can even have a different opinion than mine on snopes and whatever else! it's all good

don't quit anything just because someone responds to you in a way you don't expect. welcome to the internet††

sherrielarrison said:   
morecowbell said:   snopes is worse than dailymail †
† OKAY!†I don't know how to check the reputation and ranking of any website. And, I'm unable to find some reputable website to believe on. So, I quit this thread†

††
You can't quit!† This is an internet message board.†

Once you state something, you have to stick with it and argue your case no matter what.† It doesn't matter if you realize you were wrong, just argue better.† Use deflection, logical fallacies and definitely move goal posts.† You can win.† You will win once you tire everyone out and you get the last word in.† You can do it.† Be a winner.†

(Where did I put my tiger blood drink at?† Ahh, there it is next to the coke.)

Snope is quite good at fact checking. Nothing is 100% correct but they do a honest effort.

So, which one is better?

riznick said:   
sherrielarrison said:   
morecowbell said:   snopes is worse than dailymail †
† OKAY!†I don't know how to check the reputation and ranking of any website. And, I'm unable to find some reputable website to believe on. So, I quit this thread†

††
You can't quit!† This is an internet message board.†

Once you state something, you have to stick with it and argue your case no matter what.† It doesn't matter if you realize you were wrong, just argue better.† Use deflection, logical fallacies and definitely move goal posts.† You can win.† You will win once you tire everyone out and you get the last word in.† You can do it.† Be a winner.†

(Where did I put my tiger blood drink at?† Ahh, there it is next to the coke.)

† Disagree somewhat. People who post "sensational" crap in OT are not much better than websites that have all those teeny ads about "Boy's head wouldn't grow. You won't believe what happens next." Of course I won't believe it! It's crap! People who believe it will buy whatever they are selling.
To each their own. I never read those stupid grocery store rack rags either but many people do and believe it all.

morecowbell said:   don't take it too hard. you just have to feel stuff out and compare to what you know, etc. you can even have a different opinion than mine on snopes and whatever else! it's all good

don't quit anything just because someone responds to you in a way you don't expect. welcome to the internet††

I just don't know why people doesn't bother to take time to criticize or make sarcastic comments on people and do not think once to search for the issue in consideration themselves. Coke is under debate for the stated problems since times. If Snopes or Daily Mail are not trustworthy then you can paste a link to the website which you trust the most. I am here to check your stated website and any link to the news. You will always get mixed views about coke. I am not at all saying that coke is really very dangerous and we should quit drinking it. What I am saying is just to do a little research about it before you get your hands on coke.
riznick said:   ††
You can't quit!† This is an internet message board.†

Once you state something, you have to stick with it and argue your case no matter what.† It doesn't matter if you realize you were wrong, just argue better.† Use deflection, logical fallacies and definitely move goal posts.† You can win.† You will win once you tire everyone out and you get the last word in.† You can do it.† Be a winner.†

(Where did I put my tiger blood drink at?† Ahh, there it is next to the coke.)

† Thanks for your advice mate, you saved my day

sherrielarrison said:   
I just don't know why people doesn't bother to take time to criticize or make sarcastic comments on people and do not think once to search for the issue in consideration themselves. Coke is under debate for the stated problems since times. If Snopes or Daily Mail are not trustworthy then you can paste a link to the website which you trust the most. I am here to check your stated website and any link to the news. You will always get mixed views about coke. I am not at all saying that coke is really very dangerous and we should quit drinking it. What I am saying is just to do a little research about it before you get your hands on coke.



sarcastic? noOOOooo!!!

i wasn't really gonna look this one up. †i think i remember this debate from when i was a kid, like 200 yrs ago or something. it didn't look like anything new was posted

morecowbell said:   morecowbell;19852526 said:
sarcastic? noOOOooo!!!
i wasn't really gonna look this one up. †i think i remember this debate from when i was a kid, like 200 yrs ago or something. it didn't look like anything new was posted

† Well okay, I can believe that you must have been into this debate before as well but the sarcasm part is still under question



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017