88-year-old Walmart greeter fired after wild turkey wanders into store.

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Wild Turkey Bourbon
Disclaimer

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
"He was hired to be a greeter and that's what he did. He never saw a book of rules that said if a wild turkey comes in here you better run and get management" 

Why did the turkey cross the road?

To go to Wal-Mart.

MommyOfHAndK said:   "He was hired to be a greeter and that's what he did. He never saw a book of rules that said if a wild turkey comes in here you better run and get management" 

I think Wal-Mart is using this as an excuse to get rid of an 88 year old employee.

Come our next days at work, we should all check out our employment contracts/work rules/union agreements for any sort of keeping Wild Turkeys off work premises. You can't be too careful.

burgerwars said:   MommyOfHAndK said:   "He was hired to be a greeter and that's what he did. He never saw a book of rules that said if a wild turkey comes in here you better run and get management" 

I think Wal-Mart is using this as an excuse to get rid of an 88 year old employee.

Come our next days at work, we all should check out our employment contracts/work rules/union agreements for any sort of keeping Wild Turkeys off work premises. You can't be too careful.

If he had shown back up to WalMart would they have called the United Airlines bouncers to kick him out?

In an article on the same website:
Bob Tallinger is now a greeter at the St. Vincent De Paul store on Sunset Drive.

"We appreciate the public's concern and take this situation seriously"

wth was the public concerned with? 

if he followed the bird with a skewer and bbq sauce, then fire him. other than that, i have no idea

Even if there was some kind of rule to notify management if wildlife entered the store, firing him for a single infraction (assuming it was his first issue on the job) seems a bit extreme.  I can understand why WalMart might have such a rule as wild turkeys can be means SOBs and might have injured a guest.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017