• filter:

morecowbell in philly

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
i forgot the protocol on this...do we post before we go? this is after, so i may have broken that

stopped by to see folks in horsham, philadelphia, and surrounding areas this week. just got back last night. was there tues night to saturday. it was the usual fun!

on the flight out, i had a kid behind me kicking the seat for like 4 hr. apparently parents don't need to tell their kids to stop such things. he was pretty good at it, too, as he knew how to detect that i was just about to fall asleep. he will be great, someday, at such torture methods. for some reason, i thought i might start some sort of PC incident if i said something (flying out of san diego). i did look back, however, quite a few times. i guess my "harsh glance" techniques need some work

when i got to philly, i guess ex3dia was punishing me for my harsh words against pr1celine. the car rental place gave me a nissan versa. nothing against those cars if you own one, but i expected something else, as i requested a mid-sized vehicle. this was a tiny car that took bulking compounds. not stronger, but bigger. but not mid-sized. oh well, it was just 4 days

but oh yeah, during the 4 days, i accidentally had the speed pass drawer thing open while getting on a toll road. this is because i don't drive on them, being that it is so easy to avoid them in CA. they are against my rules, and i hate them, but in this case i figured i would get on one and pay the $2 or whatever to see my friends 10 minutes sooner. as luck would have it, the pass thing was in a position that it wouldn't allow me to get a ticket to pay cash. it was after i got to the destination that i figured out that it had to be in the retracted position. long story short, the stupid toll road incident became a source of frustration that still hasn't played out fully yet. i am waiting to find out if i will get charged $60 or whatever to drive on $2 worth of toll road. i called, and it wasn't on my service contract (at $15/day), so...

anyhow, i got to the hotel, and there was more punishment. i got a handicapped accessible room. which is fine, except the bathroom was weird. and the handheld shower prop was broken, and held in place with a bungee contraption. so it was in the wrong position for me. i had to rig it to get it to point anywhere near me, and my butt was against the shower curtain as a result. so showering was labored. and i guess after staying in resorts, i was a little spoiled...this place was like a shoebox. but again, just 4 days. i got by

over the next few days, i was able to catch up with old friends over food and drink. some, i hadn't seen in years! i saw a friend that said she hadn't seen ANYONE in the group in years, but she came out to see me. very flattering

and i met a new addition to the group - baby antonio! that was his first happy hour, so i am glad that i was able to participate in the early corruption of youth.

i was also able to visit my ex and her family. her niece had really grown. plenty of catching up there, and i was able to give the niece some advice from my perspective. hopefully she doesn't piece together that i'm not exactly role model material.

oh, and i played some guitars! went to sam a5h, but didn't play those. played at the ex's house. i gotta send her some stuff to help the arrangement

flight back was funny. "window" seat on flight to MN had no window for me. i had the last seat. but at least i didn't have to sit between people. but when i got to MN, i noticed that my SD flight was between 2 people. i went to the desk to ask to change seats, and the lady actually told me that my fare didn't allow for seating re-assignment, and that it was noted when i purchased it. so of course it went through my mind how she had to point this out...like, "sorry, but you didn't pay enough to be comfortable" or whatever. yeah, because i'm the only person that uses pr1celine or ep3dia or whatever. lucky for me, they are in business. i am the only one in the terminal that uses discount pricing brokers. i mean, i was just asking if a seat was available that i could move to. i assure you that if i got on the plane and saw that there were seats available and that i couldn't move just because of how much i paid, i would have gotten back off the plane and stabbed her in her stupid face. and i mean that in the nicest way

as luck would have it, they reassigned my seat. she must have had second thoughts about her first words to me. which still surprise me. this is 2017. that could not have been the first time she encountered someone who used a discount ticketing site. i have to remember to visit d3lta's site to let them know about this strange encounter

ok, so now i'm back. the 3 hour time difference may have straightened out some of my bad sleep habits. we'll see

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
yowza! lotta text there!

rated:
i want to be a paperback writer

rated:
I post before I go, to warn the public that I'm coming.

As far as assigned seats, sites like Expedia often don't let you pick seats. You got to go to the airline's website with your booking number and pick them there. You often have to pay extra.

I have a trip to Berlin next month. I booked on United's site with frequent flyer miles (plus about $100). United isn't charging me to pick a standard economy seat on the way there, so I picked an aisle seat. On the way back they booked me on Swiss Air. They charge extra, so I forked over $29 for the Zurich to Los Angeles flight for an aisle. I would have gone nuts if I got stuck in a center seat on such a long flight.

I've flown so much I've got tired of looking out the window. I often just set the seat TV to the flight map, lower the brightness a bit, and try to sleep. If looking out a window is important, check seat-guru first. Some "window seats" are next to a wall, but are marked as window.

rated:
phillybell in morecow
phillycow in morebell
morebell in phillycow

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017