Denny's

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Denny's
Disclaimer
My 83 year old dad's favorite restaurant is Denny's.  Plus they have a 15% AARP discount.  I took him on a 3 day trip to see family for Easter and we ate at Denny's 5 times. He thinks he should be their new spokesperson.

His favorite meals are

bacon, eggs over easy, wheat toast with extra butter, oatmeal with craisins, and a fruit cup (hold the apples) for breakfast
vegetable beef soup (available only on Mondays and Tuesdays) and a Moons over My-Hammy sandwich for lunch
sirloin (rare), sauteed zucchini and red potatoes and garlic bread for dinner

And when I say "favorite" I mean he orders the same meals every single time.

And always coffee.  It's apparently the best coffee he's ever tasted.

And a glass of water to take his pill.  He always informs the wait staff that the water is so he can take his pill.  Sometimes he shows them the pill.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
the man knows what he likes. my wife can't understand that i like to order the same things.

Denny's isn't that bad, but when I suggest it where I work as a place for lunch, they act like they would prefer to drink Drano than eat there. Breakfast is OK, except for their omelettes.

A while ago on another website someone posted he was going to Palm Springs with his girlfriend, and was asking about a romantic restaurant to propose. I suggested Denny's. He didn't take my advice.

Insects on the Menu
Disclaimer
On a related restaurant, I noticed a Dunkin' Donuts being built about a mile from my house.  I did a Wikipedia search on Dunkin' Donuts and listed are some of their key products.  One is insects.  This has to be true, since if it's on Wikipedia it must be true. 

Update:  This image capture was from yesterday.  Today, insects has been changed to sandwiches.  They must have sold out.

In Vegas, there's nothing like a huge Denny's brunch at the end of the Strip before walking up and down the Strip whole day before dinner.

burgerwars said:   On a related restaurant, I noticed a Dunkin' Donuts being built about a mile from my house.  I did a Wikipedia search on Dunkin' Donuts and listed are some of their key products.  One is insects.  This has to be true, since if it's on Wikipedia it must be true. 

Update:  This image capture was from yesterday.  Today, insects has been changed to sandwiches.  They must have sold out.

And I so wanted to try their chocolate covered fried cricket.  Too bad it is sold out.

burgerwars said:   On a related restaurant, I noticed a Dunkin' Donuts being built about a mile from my house.  I did a Wikipedia search on Dunkin' Donuts and listed are some of their key products.  One is insects.  This has to be true, since if it's on Wikipedia it must be true. 

That edit was live for 2 hrs before it was fixed.

I'm not saying you had anything to do with it, but if you did, I have your ip address now lol

The best guacamole I ever had was at a Denny's in Cleveland. It was also the first guacamole I ever had.
I can't believe they still have Moons over My-hammy. I can remember ordering that at a family dinner a millennium ago.
When we were in our early to mid20s, my bestie and I used to go to Denny's for a french fries and dessert dinner. We'd each order a dessert and share a huge order of fries.
Ah, those were the days!

scrouds said:   

That edit was live for 2 hrs before it was fixed.

I'm not saying you had anything to do with it, but if you did, I have your ip address now lol

Nope, not me.  No IP worries. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017