• filter:

morecowbell in orlando

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
i will be flying to orlando next week for work. i have a pretty full work itinerary, but i hope to see some things on the side. i used to live there as a kid, so i wanted to check out some places from my memory banks

i was thinking about bringing a travel guitar on the plane. i know i'm not the only one that plays. anyone here know if alaska would allow me to bring my martin backpacker on as carryon/personal item? i don't wanna go a week without the git-box, but i am also considering bringing a few harmonicas. they are slightly easier to pack

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
luckily i am not flying united

united breaks guitars

rated:
i think i found what i need

but if anyone has any experience, plz let me know

backpacker *should* fit under the seat

rated:
I found this:

Musical instruments
Fragile/bulky items
More
Traveling with musical instruments

We know how important your musical instrument is to you, and we'll treat it with extra care. We have several options for you when traveling with your instrument.

Carry-on instruments

Small musical instruments may count as your one carry-on bag and may exceed the Standard carry-on dimensions, as long as they can be safely accommodated in a proper stowage compartment in the cabin of the aircraft.

Carry on your large instruments

If you'd prefer to have your large instrument travel with you in the cabin, you can purchase a seat for it. Please review our Cabin seat baggage information for details.

Checking your instrument

We're happy to accept musical instruments as checked baggage, provided each piece is packed in a case designed specifically for the equipment. If your travel includes multiple airlines, other restrictions may apply.

Each instrument is subject to the following checked-baggage service fees and overweight/oversize fees:

Musical instrument weight table
Musical instrument weight Fee per item
50 lbs. or less Standard checked baggage fees
51-165 lbs. $75 (USD)
Musical instrument bag dimensions table
Musical instrument
bag dimensions Fee per item
Up to 62" (linear) Standard checked baggage fees
63-150" (linear)
Alaska Airlines flights 1-999 only
$75 (USD)
63-115" (linear)
Alaska Airlines flights 2000-2999
and 3420-3499
$75 (USD)
On Alaska Airlines flight series 1-999 the maximum combined linear dimensions of a checked musical instrument may not exceed 150 inches (length + height + width). On Alaska Airlines flight series 2000-2999 and 3300-3499 the maximum combined linear dimensions may not exceed 115 inches (length + height + width).

rated:
Looks like the best course of action is to just purchase a seat for Martin. Think of the frequent flier miles!

rated:
martin is tiny. she can fit under the seat!

if it gets too confusing, i will just bring the harmonicas :p

rated:
Just bring some cd's or an iPod so you don't have to work for your music.

rated:
atikovi said:   Just bring some cd's or an iPod so you don't have to work for your music.
busking of this type doesn't always work out

rated:
are you going to meet up with your wrong coast buddy scrouds?!

rated:
i hope so! 

rated:
morecowbell said:   i hope so! 
Oh boy! Watch out Minnie!!

rated:
miserly said:   are you going to meet up with your wrong coast buddy scrouds?!
It's the right coast, not the wrong coast you darn left coast hippie

rated:
scrouds said:   
miserly said:   are you going to meet up with your wrong coast buddy scrouds?!
It's the right coast, not the wrong coast you darn left coast hippie

yup. i had it right.

rated:
ok, here i am. actually i got in around 6, but i had to screw around until now

i had to stop for some authentic mexican food at a place called tijuana flats

i wanted to try their ghost pepper sauce. i put some in the cup, but it didnt look like anything was there. i though maybe they were out...but maybe i couldnt see it becaue it's ghost pepper

rated:
Tijuana Flats is really not "authentic" Mexican food. It was opened by a White UCFer who was living with mom and dad after college. Good food, but nothing close to authentic.

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   Tijuana Flats is really not "authentic" Mexican food. It was opened by a White UCFer who was living with mom and dad after college. Good food, but nothing close to authentic.Next you'll say Taco Bell is not authentic.
Seesh.

rated:
Would El potro be a better choice?

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   Tijuana Flats is really not "authentic" Mexican food. It was opened by a White UCFer who was living with mom and dad after college. Good food, but nothing close to authentic.

You want to come to the mcb welcome party? Dates time, and location TBD lol

rated:
KayK said:   
MilleniumBuc said:   Tijuana Flats is really not "authentic" Mexican food. It was opened by a White UCFer who was living with mom and dad after college. Good food, but nothing close to authentic.
Next you'll say Taco Bell is not authentic.
Seesh.

i thought my sarcasm was obvious. i guess not

rated:
You know, you guys ought to invite my sister if you are going to talk politics. That would be, um, interesting.

rated:
scrouds said:   MilleniumBuc said:   Tijuana Flats is really not "authentic" Mexican food. It was opened by a White UCFer who was living with mom and dad after college. Good food, but nothing close to authentic.

You want to come to the mcb welcome party? Dates time, and location TBD lol

Sure. Start off with the Guac at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday.

rated:
I was thinking more like taco cheena followed by red light red light

rated:
Or maybe Corona downtown for whiskey and cogars

rated:
scrouds said:   Or maybe Corona downtown for whiskey and cogars

Is that supposed to be cigars or cougars? Neither are good for you.

rated:
Cigars. There are better spots for cougars in town,although they will mix in with their younger competition downtown sometimes.

rated:
scrouds said:   Cigars. There are better spots for cougars in town,although they will mix in with their younger competition downtown sometimes.

When you're talking about "downtown" in Orlando I'm thinking Downtown Disney, with sweaty 300lb Wisconsinites sporting Minnie Mouse fanny packs and a sunburn  Happy hunting. 

rated:
scrouds said:   There are better spots for cougars in town,although they will mix in with their younger competition downtown sometimes.
  MCB is't picky.

rated:
miserly said:   
scrouds said:   There are better spots for cougars in town,although they will mix in with their younger competition downtown sometimes.
  MCB is't picky.

He likes his microbrews

rated:
yeah, that place was pretty awesome! thanks for the suggestion! 

rated:
Friends say next time I go to Orlando that I should try out Yellow Dog Eats.
I've not tried it, yet.

rated:
Me either. But I've heard good things.

rated:
looks like i will be flying back to SD for the weekend, then back here again next week. we'll see how this round plays out. so far, i've been to ten10, thanks to scrouds, miller's ale house, and a place called fish on fire

yes, my activities were decided by beer. don't judge

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017