gift $$

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
when you get gift $$ for your bday or whatever occasion, do you use it to buy something you wanted? or do you end up just mixing it in with your other money and pay bills and stuff?

similarly, when you get a gc for amaz0n or something, do you use it for something special? or do you end up using it for regular household purchases?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
H&B

Crown Vic

Ammo....

Does anyone over 21 get cash for their birthday?

My grandmother left the cash in the card and kept it as a keepsake.  We found over $3000 in her house like that when she died.

atikovi said:   Does anyone over 21 get cash for their birthday?
i get checks from the maternal parental unit still. i don't think she knows what to get me otherwise   

I spent my $100 Amazon birthday GC on furnace filters, and as an extra birthday treat I got to install them myself

Beer and hookers.

Hookers and beer.

I try to use gift cards for something I want and it's a plus because I can write about it in the thank you note to the gifter.

here are my answers to op's questions

buy something i wanted
buy something special

i dunno how/when it happened, but i make sure i use it for something i would want as a gift. and yes, sometimes i let them know what they got me

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017