My washing machine is squeaking.

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have a wash going and the machine is squeaking.
Does this mean I have a mouse living in my washing machine or a family of meece, perhaps?
I hope they can swim.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
It's a hamster. How else would the drum turn???

If you lived the Burgerwars life, annual baths and washing your clothes once a year, you wouldn't have worn out your washing machine.

burgerwars said:   If you lived the Burgerwars life, annual baths and washing your clothes once a year, you wouldn't have worn out your washing machine. Because you wouldn't HAVE a washing machine?

Paging the FWOT Resident Expert On Washing Your Latex Playwear Without It Squeaking to thread #1565483

Bearing going south?

It's an audible confirmation that your clothes are getting squeaky clean.

Don't some washer models have a belt? It could need adjusting or replacement.My new washer is noisy as if it is possessed. Banging, buzzing, swishing.

kirbydog said:   My new washer is noisy as if it is possessed. Banging, buzzing, swishing.Sounds like it's off-balance (like most of the FWOT crowd  )

Jerry is trapped inside

Oh, no, I threw in my fuzz lined freesail crocs with the towels and they squeaked up against the drum. It was amusing. No washer problems yet.
/knocks on wood

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
kirbydog said:   My new washer is noisy as if it is possessed. Banging, buzzing, swishing.
Sounds like it's off-balance (like most of the FWOT crowd  )

Nope, it's how it is. The sales guy was hesitant to sell it to me because of the noise until I told him it was set up in the detached garage.

if it's a rockin, don't go a knockin. though it sounds like it is both rockin and knockin...

miserly said:   if it's a rockin, don't go a knockin. though it sounds like it is both rockin and knockin...
  Indeed. It is incredibly loud, letting everyone in the neighborhood know when it is laundry day in the KD household.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017