top food choice in flushing, ny?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello. I'm having the hardest time deciding the place to eat where u get the most food per dollar. i have a huge appetite.

is it a halal food cart (chicken over rice, lamb over rice) for $5 or $6?
is it a mcdouble for $2, regular hamburger for $1.29, or other food at mcds?
is it a bk 2 for $5 burger?
is it paris baguette with $2 or $3 pastries that look irresistible but seem pricey? or, is it their frozen sandwiches at $6?
is it targets campbell soup thats ready to eat at $1.50 i think?
is it a dd sandwich?
is it popeyes/kfc? i dont know what their deals are though. but chicken tastes yummy and must be filling
is it a chinese rice tray (4 or 5 choices of Dish in the platter) for $5.50? u can order whatever Dish you want
is it a pizza place like kennedy fried chicken or lucias pizza or pizza maru (whole big cheese pie can be like $16 or $18)?
is it a wonton or dumpling bowl for $5?
is it a bbq cart where u can get a lamb skewer for $1.50 i think?
is it a chinese chicken roll for $1.25 i think at a chinese bakery?
is it a bland HUGE pancake (chinese style) for $1?
is it hmart (a korean supermarket) with $6 tray of breaded fish and eggs?
is it a Starbucks breakfast bacon egg and cheese sandwich for $2.50? or a Starbucks bagel for $1.50?

OR, do you have another recommendation for a food item or place in flushing ny?

there are so many eateries to choose from in flushing ny that its overwhelming. i havent eaten out often so i really dont know. but sometimes I do get hungry outside so i need to eat something. i dont feel like eating at every single place in order to make a decision because that would take a long, long time. please advise.

even if you don't live in flushing, NY or don't go there, please use your best judgment to advise me what food and place would be the best value. i cant eat spicy foods. but everything else would be fine. again I've always eaten at home so I don't really know much about eating out.

p.s.: I did my research online but still am clueless as to the #1 cheapest place and food: https://www.google.com/search?q=cheapest+flushing+ny+food&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Why Campbell's soup at Target? Go with market pantry. Don't eat brand name rich peoples soup

bestbuy1115 said:    where u get the most food per dollar. 
  No soup kitchens in Flushing? Free food always tastes the best.

scrouds said:   Why Campbell's soup at Target? Go with market pantry. Don't eat brand name rich peoples soup
  OK. I guess I didnt look closely enough for market pantry in the aisle. Thanks.

atikovi said:   
bestbuy1115 said:    where u get the most food per dollar. 
  No soup kitchens in Flushing? Free food always tastes the best.

What is the most updated official site for soup kitchens? I'd like to research where and when to visit them before deciding which ones I am able to travel to.

bestbuy1115 said:     What is the most updated official site for soup kitchens? 
  Yea, cause all the homeless check their tablets or cellphones to find them?

atikovi said:   bestbuy1115 said:     What is the most updated official site for soup kitchens? 
  Yea, cause all the homeless check their tablets or cellphones to find them?

No they check on the computers at the library.

are you pyee?

Whatever happened to your job search at a cell phone co?  If that pans out then you don't have to worry about spending too much money for lunch.  Also, I think the Hindu Temple's cafe in Flushing has some food at decent prices.

ZenNUTS said:   are you pyee?

No, but i know the guy.

No, I never made it past the "are you comfortable with commission-based sales" question. Also, there were some interview questions I guess I didn't answer too well.

ach1199 said:   Whatever happened to your job search at a cell phone co?  If that pans out then you don't have to worry about spending too much money for lunch.  Also, I think the Hindu Temple's cafe in Flushing has some food at decent prices.
 re: the hindu temple's cafe,  https://www.yelp.com/menu/ganesh-temple-canteen-flushing has a list of items that i cant understand.

http://www.nyganeshtemplecanteen.com/menu damn that's cheap food, especially for NY.

I come to NY on business about 6-7 times a year for the last two years and been meaning to go to the temple but can never make it as it's too far from Lower Manhattan where I work/stay.

bestbuy1115 said:   
ZenNUTS said:   are you pyee?
  No, but i know the guy.

Do you share the same body?

bestbuy1115 said:   No, I never made it past the "are you comfortable with commission-based sales" question. Also, there were some interview questions I guess I didn't answer too well.
  Why don't you try working at the Best Buy in Flushing, NY, if you don't already work there.  You seem to have a fascination with it, since you picked your username with the store number of the Flushing location.

mapatsfan said:   
bestbuy1115 said:   No, I never made it past the "are you comfortable with commission-based sales" question. Also, there were some interview questions I guess I didn't answer too well.
  Why don't you try working at the Best Buy in Flushing, NY, if you don't already work there.  You seem to have a fascination with it, since you picked your username with the store number of the Flushing location.

Poirot in da house!!

go to the New World Mall, go down the escalator to the bottom floor, there is a Chinese Heavenly food court there. Most plates go from $4-$8, just make sure to bring cash.

tlaxson said:   

Wow. Posts from 2013.

To OP. Grow the heck up. If you cant find food yet, eh.. not my problem.

OOrochiimaru said:   go to the New World Mall, go down the escalator to the bottom floor, there is a Chinese Heavenly food court there. Most plates go from $4-$8, just make sure to bring cash.
  But, do they have food that isnt spicy? Spicy foods would make me cough like crazy.

tlaxson said:   

Don't be harshin', man! Food prices change with inflation and stuff!

I still can't get over the name of the city. What were they thinking?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017