• filter:

Panda Express - the new containers they use hold less food but look like more

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Was at Panda once last week and once this week and noticed that they have new containers for the food for both eat in and take out now.  The new containers are      two separate plastic pieces with a black bottom and a clear top that snap together and say "Panda" on top and bottom.

The sides of the bottom part taper in from top to bottom in addition to having a raised portion underneath each food section.  The result is that they hold less food than the old, standard white Styrofoam containers with the attached lids that they used to use.

But it looks like more food because it is it is wider at the top - more spread out.  But don't be fooled - they are much shallower and much more tapered so you're really getting quite a bit less food.

Have they rolled these out at Pandas everywhere yet or is it just in California?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Not in Fl as of 3 weeks ago. That's some panda balls.

rated:
Panda eats shoots and leaves

rated:
Panda eats, shoots, and leaves.

rated:
This is the last straw! It's time to fight for our rights the corporate hatemongers have taken from us. We need to return to some 1960's activism.

Block the entrances to the restaurants, hold the managers hostage, have sit-ins, protest, defy authority, overturn some police cars, burn down some stores.

...Not really. I just get very emotional when they cut our fast food portions.

rated:
unixguyriffic said:   Was at Panda once last week and once this week and noticed that they have new containers for the food for both eat in and take out now.  The new containers are      two separate plastic pieces with a black bottom and a clear top that snap together and say "Panda" on top and bottom.

The sides of the bottom part taper in from top to bottom in addition to having a raised portion underneath each food section.  The result is that they hold less food than the old, standard white Styrofoam containers with the attached lids that they used to use.

But it looks like more food because it is it is wider at the top - more spread out.  But don't be fooled - they are much shallower and much more tapered so you're really getting quite a bit less food.

Have they rolled these out at Pandas everywhere yet or is it just in California?

bestbuy1115  on vacation!

rated:
Fixed

burgerwars said:   This is the last straw! It's time to fight for our rights the corporate hatemongers have taken from us. We need to return to some 1960's activism.

Block the entrances to the restaurants, hold the administrators hostage, have sit-ins, protest, defy authority, overturn some police cars, burn down some stores.

...Not really. I just get very emotional when they cut our rediculously oversized fast food portions.

rated:
I recently bought single serve Chobani yogurt from C0stco and noticed that the cups were only half full.  I actually took time to complain to C0stco customer service number.  Hate it when companies try to undermine the customer's intelligence.

rated:
burgerwars said:   This is the last straw! It's time to fight for our rights the corporate hatemongers have taken from us. We need to return to some 1960's activism.

Block the entrances to the restaurants, hold the administrators hostage, have sit-ins, protest, defy authority, overturn some police cars, burn down some stores.

...Not really. I just get very emotional when they cut our fast food portions.

Sounds like just another day around here except you didn't mention the circling helicoptors. Oy, such a headache.

rated:
I believe that CA discontinued the use of styrofoam food containers a long time ago? Pandas in the Bay Area have used a coated paper clamshell container for quite a while now except for the rice bowls, which I don't order so I don't know how they are packed. I have no issue with their portion sizes. I usually have a code on a receipt for a free entree. Using that I request that everything is in the one container and it is enough for 2 meals (3 entrees and veggies instead of rice/noodles).It's not authentic but the entrees that I prefer are tasty enough and the veggies are crisp.

rated:
Restaurants have been doing this for decades. Back in the late 70's I worked for a Restaurant Supply Wholesaler (that is still in business today). They would sell pitchers and advertise it to the restaurants and bars as a money saver for beer or soda. Looks like a 64 oz pitcher but has a false bottom and only holds 59 ounces. Just one of many things to serve a smaller portion while giving the appearance of getting your 'Full Measure'.

rated:
Went to Panda Express today in So Cal (Irvine Marketplace).  They still used the same old styrophome containers, and have quite generous portions I might add.  Two 3 item combos were more than enough for my family of 4, and we're big eaters.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017