• filter:

Exercise Bike recommendations

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I need to try a touch of activity and was looking about purchasing an Exercise Bike to use at home, basically beginning some wellness.

Has anybody purchased an exercise bike like the ones in the gyms? I would prefer not to spend too much on it, however I don't want to buy really cheap ones.

Please share your ideas.. Thanks!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Try garage sales. You may find some exercise machines for cheap after formerly-aspiring exercisers want to get rid of these machines that ended up being oversized cloth hangers.

I got myself a Total Gym that way.  It was offered for something like $25, but I talked them into giving it to me for $15.

rated:
I bought a trainer that my bike attaches to. My bike fits me and the trainer adds an option of "riding" indoors. I used to have a Healthrider but it wasn't very fun and it took up a whole lot of space in the room. I couldn't adjust it to the right distances for arms/legs (I'm a shorty).
Kinetic

rated:
A treadmill makes a better clothes drying rack.
Try Craigslist. Buy a less expensive one. If you decide you enjoy indoor cycling, you can always invest a little more in your next one.

rated:
clangle said:   A treadmill makes a better clothes drying rack.
Try Craigslist. Buy a less expensive one. If you decide you enjoy indoor cycling, you can always invest a little more in your next one.

I kind of agree with the less-expensive one except in this case the lower end trainers are not as adjustable and in addition, the cheapie ones are noisy. Get a good experience so you'll be motivated to continue!

rated:
Try some aerobic exercises like running, walking, swimming, and even dancing, totally free.

rated:
ahmadelias said:   Try some aerobic exercises like running, walking, swimming, and even dancing, totally free.
 You can find some pretty good videos on youtube, too. They're  free and they don't require storage space like a treadmill or bike. 

rated:
I purchased a Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike from Amazon last fall. I like that it sits down which is more comfortable. I think I paid around the going price for it now ($116 on Amazon). It works well for me since I would have been sitting and watching TV or playing Xbox anyway. My wife wanted a treadmill, but since I was paying I got the bike which allowed me to focus on TV/Xbox instead of not falling down while running. It seems to have held up well for use 3-4 hours a week and I often find I forget I am pedaling when get into a video game. Sister has the upright version and she doesn't like it as much as my recumbent.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017