• filter:

Worlds first head transplant.

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
If you watch the videos of this done with monkeys it's the darnedest thing.

I suspect my body will fail before my brian, so I'd better order me a spare.

rated:
BTDT

rated:

rated:
ganda said:   If you watch the videos of this done with monkeys it's the darnedest thing.

Dunno, looks like your brian might already be failing a tiny bit :O

rated:
ganda said:   If you watch the videos of this done with monkeys it's the darnedest thing.

The monkey didn't look good after his transplant.  He only lived for a day, plus they didn't work on the spinal cord.  It looks like the surgeons just sewed the monkey head onto a monkey body and called it a day.  Question:  What is the donor part?  Is it the person who donates their head or the person who donates their body?  I also assume the two parts have to be compatible.  They need to fit and be a compatible blood type.  Maybe the sex can be different if there's a need to change that at the same time.  Two procedures at once should save money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqN0mwYn9T8

rated:

rated:
This stupid stunt does little to advance the field and only hurts the real science by association.

rated:
sublimosa said:   

Dunno, looks like your brian might already be failing a tiny bit :O

Do you not think that might have been on purpose?

(disappointed)

rated:
^yes, dear, but does that mean I should've passed it up?
lookie, lookie I got me five greens!
eek eek eek! (monkey sounds)

rated:
ganda said:   If you watch the videos of this done with monkeys it's the darnedest thing

monkeys performing surgery? i doubt i would want that. but i think that's pretty much what i would get under my current health plan

rated:
sublimosa said:   ^yes, dear, but does that mean I should've passed it up?
lookie, lookie I got me five greens!
eek eek eek! (monkey sounds)

Monkey who take low hanging fruit get rotten banana - Confucius

rated:
mmmm banana bread!

rated:
And there was hope for the Head Detective..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGogfZ5amQw

rated:
There are no words.

rated:
This head transplant seems so risky. The operation lasts for hours or even days i guess.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017