• filter:

Anyone get their hands on a Starbucks Dragon Frappuccino?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Apparently baristas created an unofficial Dragon Frappuccino after running out of Unicorn Frappuccino ingredients. This one actually has caffeine. Has anyone tried to order this? Also, there are rumors of a Sriracha Frappuccino, but I'm pretty sure that's just Starbucks employees trolling people on Reddit.

https://www.fatwallet.com/blog/starbucks-dragon-frappuccino

UPDATE: I updated this post to reflect new frappes that came out today. Starbucks also announced the return of Frappuccino Happy Hour starting Friday. 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
For some reason I can't do a sweetened green tea beverage. Cultural perhaps? Green tea to me is grassy and slightly bitter or roasty and a hot drink, but not sweet or fruity. bleah. Aside from the fact that there are real coffee places in our area. I think there are Starbucks around campus for the tourists.

rated:
I hear you on the green tea front. My mom is Japanese, so I grew up with the real stuff. I did break down and tried honey green tea in a bottle once, and it wasn't terrible. I'd be more likely to try the Dragon Frappe if vanilla wasn't involved. That just seems like an odd combo of flavors to me.

rated:
Blackbird_Flies said:   I hear you on the green tea front. My mom is Japanese, so I grew up with the real stuff. I did break down and tried honey green tea in a bottle once, and it wasn't terrible. I'd be more likely to try the Dragon Frappe if vanilla wasn't involved. That just seems like an odd combo of flavors to me.
  YES! I forgot to mention about the vanilla. Although I have had green tea ice cream that I suspect is vanilla ice cream with matcha mixed it.
I'm third gen - all of my grandparents were from Japan.

rated:
 YES! I forgot to mention about the vanilla. Although I have had green tea ice cream that I suspect is vanilla ice cream with matcha mixed it.
I'm third gen - all of my grandparents were from Japan.

Nice! I guess that makes me second gen, although my dad is American. And you got me curious, so I looked up recipes for matcha ice cream. Looks like there's no vanilla in it: http://www.justonecookbook.com/green-tea-ice-cream-matcha-ice-cr...

rated:
That sounds good. The Dreyers version of green tea ice cream has vanilla. I think the Haagen-Dazs one does as well.
I like this ice milk version by Maeda En, which is a tea seller. I use their roasted tea and their genmai. http://maeda-en.com/content/8-our-products

rated:
I think maeda-en products might be sold at Mitsuwa Marketplace, which isn't terribly far from where I live. I might have to try these. Thanks for the recommendation!

rated:
I think I've been in a Starbucks 3 times in the 18 years that I have been in this country.
Bought something two of those times.
So no.. I did not get an overpriced maybe-with-caffeine work of art.
I'll let the apple fanbois stay 20 minutes in line for their.. umm.. drink.
I'll order my Medium toasted almond coffee with chocolate shot and whole milk and two sweet-n-low the night before.. for a lower price.

/DunkinDonutsMasterRace

rated:
KayK said:   I think I've been in a Starbucks 3 times in the 18 years that I have been in this country.
Bought something two of those times.
So no.. I did not get an overpriced maybe-with-caffeine work of art.
I'll let the apple fanbois stay 20 minutes in line for their.. umm.. drink.
I'll order my Medium toasted almond coffee with chocolate shot and whole milk and two sweet-n-low the night before.. for a lower price.

/DunkinDonutsMasterRace

Dunkin makes a mean iced coffee. I get it with just cream and liquid cane sugar, and it is deeee-licious!! It's actually my favorite place to get iced coffee, tbh.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017