Fidget Spinners... helpful or annoying...

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/popular-fidget-spinners-churning...

They seem to be quite another fad. All the cool kids and ADHD wannabes have them.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I sat next to an adult woman who twirled a lock of hair through nearly an entire church memorial service recently. The movement in my peripheral vision was distracting but I didn't have a Fidget spinner to retaliate with so I was sad.

New stuff to put FW logos on.  And perfect for the OT crowd!

BTW, Toronto Raptors really stunk up the joint last night. WTH.

My daughter's class allows them in 3rd grade. It's not just ADHD but kids can't sit still for 8 hours of school even with 3 15-20 min recess. I think it can be a distraction but I prefer it to nail biting, pen clicking, or constant tapping. There are tons of things that people find annoying and it's easy to complain about them. If they help cool if not then whatever its a fad it's not going to cause personal harm to you unless it's thrown at you so let it be.

Not as good as FW OT.

ZenNUTS said:   Not as good as FW OT.
  I prefer fewer kiddies in OT, not more. 

Isn't it part of good socialization and a kindness to teach about self-control and consideration for others? Is yet another source for feeling entitled warranted?

I thought Fidget Spinners is a new band? I swear they were talking about them on the Today Show this morning.
Ah, well, I didn't get all the sleep I needed.

Fidget Spinners in Africa
Disclaimer
For Limo: A picture of some young kids in Africa. One is saying how kids in North America sit in classrooms all day and if they move around or are too noisy they are given drugs to quiet them. Their exercise is video games and their food is fake.  Another kid says, "That's terrible! We should take up donations for them."

I got one couple days ago.. it's fun to spin it in front of a light source that flickers.. like a laptop screen.

I've thought about trying them out to help me focus. My job can be pretty repetitive and my ADD hates it. I think I'd opt for a fidget cube rather than a spinner since the spinners are so distracting.

KayK said:   I got one couple days ago.. it's fun to spin it in front of a light source that flickers.. like a laptop screen.
  So why does a computer/laptop monitor seems like it's flickering when it's recorded on a camera and played back but we don't notice the flickering when actually work on those same monitors/laptops?

ach1199 said:   
KayK said:   I got one couple days ago.. it's fun to spin it in front of a light source that flickers.. like a laptop screen.
  So why does a computer/laptop monitor seems like it's flickering when it's recorded on a camera and played back but we don't notice the flickering when actually work on those same monitors/laptops?

It's always flickering, your eyes aren't sensitive enough to see it.

kamalktk said:   ach1199 said:   

It's always flickering, your eyes aren't sensitive enough to see it.
Yup.
Second reason is that a a laptop is flickering at 50fps.. and then your video is taking a video at 30/60fps.. never at 50fps.. so that difference causes the flickering to appear on the final video.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017