Just when you thought the friendly skies couldn't get any friendlier....

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I was thinking the new 29" seat pitch is perfect for hamsters that fly, but I'm now thinking even hamsters will start complaining.

How is that even possible? Unless you're itty bitty, the leg room is already inadequate. WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO PUT OUR LEGS??

moonbeam said:   How is that even possible? Unless you're itty bitty, the leg room is already inadequate. WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO PUT OUR LEGS??

It's got beyond ridiculous. It seems every year the airlines push the seats 1 inch closer. If there are 30 rows in coach, now they can squeeze in another row. Big deal the passengers need to sit on their feet. Haven't the airlines figured out the other solution? Buy longer airplanes. Nope, they're too cheap for that.

what about armrests? are they going to get smaller too? what are we going to fight about then?
can i buy a ticket to sit on the next person's lap?

Good grief, I so don't want to defend airlines, but they are delivering what "we" say we want - the lowest cost fares. If an airline had 40" seat pitch in economy and priced accordingly I'd wager it would go bankrupt. Walmartization. Apparently "we" all want shitty $10 toasters.

miserly said:   what about armrests? are they going to get smaller too? what are we going to fight about then?

They better not remove them! They're the only thing protecting me from other passengers' fat encroachment! I've had chubby people try to lift the armrest so they can use part of my space but I shut that plan down immediately. My fat ass needs the full seat space TYVM.

moonbeam said:   miserly said:   what about armrests? are they going to get smaller too? what are we going to fight about then?

They better not remove them! They're the only thing protecting me from other passengers' fat encroachment! I've had chubby people try to lift the armrest so they can use part of my space but I shut that plan down immediately. My fat ass needs the full seat space TYVM.

I wouldn't put it past them. Instead of six seats per row in a 737, with bus stop bench seating they could double the number of passengers per row.

burgerwars said:   
moonbeam said:   
miserly said:   what about armrests? are they going to get smaller too? what are we going to fight about then?

I wouldn't put it past them. Instead of six seats per row in a 737, with bus stop bench seating they could double the number of passengers per row.

Oh standing seats are coming

On long haul flights I'd like the option of just being loaded into a giant padded cigar tube so I can go to sleep.

ganda said:   
burgerwars said:   
moonbeam said:   

Oh standing seats are coming 

On long haul flights I'd like the option of just being loaded into a giant padded cigar tube so I can go to sleep.

Would you like first class (certified nurse inserts your catheter) business (a med tech) economy (self insertion) or basic economy (no catheter, no padding)

Pay toilets are coming, but that doesn't worry me. I'll just do what many generations of my relatives know how to do best: Crawl under the door.

Thank goodness, most of my flights are only two hours or so long, unless they are delays and confined to my seat while on the tarmac. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017