• filter:

eBay Partial Refund

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
After receiving and item on eBay that was not as described, I emailed the seller and also opened a return request. The seller replies that they don't accept returns and after more email correspondence, I agree to accept a partial refund. Yesterday, I received an email from Paypal indicating that the seller issued a partial refund to my credit card. Should I close the return request and assume that my credit card will be refunded and that there is no way for the seller to cancel or reverse the partial refund?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
FWIW all eBay sellers take returns for items not as described, whether they say they will or not. The seller pays the return shipping, you get all your money back.

rated:
Refuse the partial refund because the seller didn't deliver what you ordered, and have eBay force a full refund, including any shipping.

I had a similar problem with the seller of a USB 3.0 + SATA controller combination card who kept saying they never claimed USB was included, yet in their messages to me they repeatedly copied and pasted their ad where they said they did.  They also offered only a partial refund, but eBay got all my money back.  Then a few months later, eBay sent me a $15 discount code with no minimum.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017