• filter:

miserly in chicago

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
starting saturday. unfortunately, its near ohare instead of civilization and missing alot of apostrophes.
am i more or less likely to get in trouble by not going into town during my stay?

eta. yes, i concocted this trip because mcb went to okc. and everything is a competition...

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
You are only going to be about and hour and a half to 5 hours (depending on traffic) from Beloit!

rated:
Farfisa850 said:   You are only going to be about and hour and a half to 5 hours (depending on traffic) from Beloit!If miserly can't make it to FW, maybe some of the FW folks can visit miserly!

rated:
3 Floyds, just over the border in IN, that guy who flies the Fokker out of O'Hare will concur. Seriously, head over there.

rated:
ganda said:   3 Floyds, just over the border in IN, that guy who flies the Fokker out of O'Hare will concur. Seriously, head over there.
  I Concur.

rated:
83 miles. i'm only free on Sunday before 1 pm.

rated:
miserly said:   83 miles. i'm only free on Sunday before 1...
  I'll be here, bright and surly...stop on by!

rated:
miserly said:   83 miles. i'm only free on Sunday before 1 pm.

Let's do brunch

rated:
Can't you pick up your Star of the Week basket of goodies while you're there?

Oh, that was the other guy. NM.

rated:
I was in Chicago for a few days several years ago. I didn't have time to make it to FatWallet World Headquarters International Super Control Center.

Instead, I ended up going to Wiener Circle and that big McDonald's across from the Hard Rock.

rated:
I thought the giant Nike
store downtown was pretty cool. Also their art museum was pretty spectacular.

rated:

rated:
Beware of the Red Light Cameras and the Speed Cameras by the schools and Parks.
Mayor Rahm has literally mined the city streets with them to generate revenue
(oh I am sorry, it is for SAFETY reasons)..

I avoid the city like the plague.

And don't cut anybody off in the car or blow your horn at them.
They shoot people on the expressways here for that all the time.

Have a good time.

rated:
burgerwars said:   I was in Chicago for a few days several years ago. I didn't have time to make it to FatWallet World Headquarters International Super Control Center.

Instead, I ended up going to Wiener Circle and that big McDonald's across from the Hard Rock.

At least you got a burger!

If you ever do come to the mothership you can try a local joint my treat thats quite popular.

http://l7burgerbar.com/ 

They pretty much only serve stuffed burgers

rated:
OK. But only of you find me a deal on a rental car from Midway Saturday night.

rated:
Farfisa850 said:   
burgerwars said:   I was in Chicago for a few days several years ago. I didn't have time to make it to FatWallet World Headquarters International Super Control Center.

At least you got a burger!

If you ever do come to the mothership you can try a local joint my treat thats quite popular.

http://l7burgerbar.com/ 

They pretty much only serve stuffed burgers

Is that the owner's mom?

rated:
miserly said:   OK. But only of you find me a deal on a rental car from Midway Saturday night.
  So renting by MDW but staying near ORD?  By the way, not shootings on expressways (we don't call them freeways around here) near O'hare.  Check out the new(er) Fashion Outlet Mall (all upscale stores) in Rosemont.  Giordano' and Gino's East Pizza joints in the same area and checkout the "Bean" in the Millennium Park downtown.

rated:
ach1199 said:   
miserly said:   OK. But only of you find me a deal on a rental car from Midway Saturday night.
  So renting by MDW but staying near ORD?  By the way, not shootings on expressways (we don't call them freeways around here) near O'hare.  Check out the new(er) Fashion Outlet Mall (all upscale stores) in Rosemont.  Giordano' and Gino's East Pizza joints in the same area and checkout the "Bean" in the Millennium Park downtown.

was considering renting from MDW and returning to ORD. maybe spending the night in Beloit as my first class is near ORD on Sunday. but instead, will try rent sunday morning for brunch. mostly because i couldnt find anywhere to stay in Beloit than a Rodeway Inn.

rated:
If you like the bar scene, Hungry Brain is great. It's in Roscoe Village. I second the outlets in Rosemont and the bean is a must-see. If you're a pizza fan The Boiler Room in Logan Square is another fave of mine. I go there for the PBJ -- a slice of pizza, a tall PBR, and a shot of Jameson for $7. Also the Revolution Brewpub has really good food and music....and beer. 

rated:
ach1199 said:   

Went to Chicago couple of years ago in February when we got $85 round-trip tickets from TTN on Frontier.
Visited the bean, had a deep Dish at Giordano's, went to the historical museum and walked up an down the millennium mile.

rated:
Doesn't Chicago have a theater doing Hamilton the musical?

rated:
miserly said:   
ach1199 said:   

was considering renting from MDW and returning to ORD. maybe spending the night in Beloit as my first class is near ORD on Sunday. but instead, will try rent sunday morning for brunch. mostly because i couldnt find anywhere to stay in Beloit than a Rodeway Inn

Try the Ironworks! Its new and quite nice.

http://ironworkshotel.com/beloit/ 

I had to go to a wedding there last year. The rooms are nice and the food was good. The steakhouse inside is also top notch.

rated:
a weekend rental from hertz from ohare is reasonable. so both st4rdust and bmwlvr will be around?

rated:
st4rdust said:   
miserly said:   83 miles. i'm only free on Sunday before 1 pm.

Let's do brunch

i'm jelly!  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017