morecowbell in muskegon

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
ok, this trip i don't think i will get to do any sightseeing. i won't have my own car this time

any good beers out there?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Had to google where it is.

Maybe drive to Grand Rapids?

Hold up.. wasn't some old time member from grand rapids?

From Orlando to Oklahoma to Muskegon. Someone don't like you.

What's next, Lake City, Fl?

excellent
Disclaimer
morecowbell said:   ok, this trip i don't think i will get to do any sightseeing. i won't have my own car this time

Bell's territory. Excellent brewery.

eta: a household staple

ganda said:   
morecowbell said:   ok, this trip i don't think i will get to do any sightseeing. i won't have my own car this time

Bell's territory. Excellent brewery.

eta: a household staple

good point. i have had bell's, but i haven't had it fresh  

MilleniumBuc said:   From Orlando to Oklahoma to Muskegon. Someone don't like you.

next is toronto. hopefully i have some free time there  

morecowbell said:   MilleniumBuc said:   From Orlando to Oklahoma to Muskegon. Someone don't like you.

Say hi to my in-laws.

Toronto proper? Or GTA area?

gotta wait for the MCB in toronto thread :p

morecowbell said:   MilleniumBuc said:   From Orlando to Oklahoma to Muskegon. Someone don't like you.

Good strip joints there.

morecowbell said:   gotta wait for the MCB in toronto thread :p

If you've not done so before, the glass floor in the CN Tower is an experience.

ganda said:   
morecowbell said:   gotta wait for the MCB in toronto thread :p

If you've not done so before, the glass floor in the CN Tower is an experience.

Cartoon Network has a tower in Toronto?

unfortunately, it doesn't sound like i will have much free time in muskegon. i haven't heard much about toronto, yet

When in Musk-Egon, do what the Egons do?

Text

muskegon is home to a couple of interesting brew houses. the ones that were of (comfortable) walking distance from me are -

1. pigeon hills. home to a lively gang, including a couple of interesting young ladies who were very busy due to the tasting room's popularity. i overheard many praises, and received a few recommendations. i had a good IPA there, and need to go back for a stout

2. unruly. interesting conversation ensued here, when it was meant to be just a short trip for mindless banter. had a california common, and may need to go back for their "flagship" IPA

also had a fish sandwich that was new to me - perch. pretty good stuff. that one wasn't beer-related, but maybe i can figure out a good pairing

KayK said:   
morecowbell said:   
MilleniumBuc said:   From Orlando to Oklahoma to Muskegon. Someone don't like you.

Say hi to my in-laws.

Toronto proper? Or GTA area?

false alarm on toronto  

i spent the last week in traverse city (instead of toronto). again, i did not have any time to go and see anything interesting, as my work hours were very long. however, i did make it to a couple of microbreweries. north peak brewery was pretty awesome, as they have a really good IPA and a great red. right brain brewery also has a nice IPA, but that was all i could have there, as i had to work that night. but the town, overall, seems really nice and quaint. it seems like the type of place i would want to have a vacation home 

i did try a mexican place there. it wasn't so great, so i won't go into it

I was told to go to Traverse city, but never made it. Did find an Amish country store while plying the back roads after aborting a run to the upper peninsula and Canada.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017