• filter:

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Four of us want to got to a movie tomorrow night.  Everyone has their criteria for an acceptable choice.

• It can't be too violent.
  • It can't be a "girly" movie.
  • It can't be gross.
  • It can't be depressing.
  • It can't be heartwarming.
  • It can't be stupid.
  • It has to be at the theater that serves beer.

So our choices are

• How to Be a Latin Lover - DISQUALIFIED
  • Snatched - DISQUALIFIED
  • King Arthur - Legend of the Sword - Probably DISQUALIFIED and little interest due to poor reviews
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

3 out of 4 of us will settle for GoftheG, but one is horrified at the thought of not having seen Volume 1 first. 

Does it really matter?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
They have until tomorrow to watch Volume 1... seems like plenty of time to resolve the issue

rated:
Won't matter at all. This isn't pride and prejudice.

rated:
I'm going to warn you - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is actually heartwarming in the end . . . but I'd still recommend checking it out. Not that I'm biased.

rated:
I think it matters to watch the first one, or it could be hard to follow some jokes and the relationship origins.

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   I think it matters to watch the first one, or it could be hard to follow some jokes and the relationship origins.
  Yeah, I'd recommend a refresher too. Some of the backstories get brought up in the second one.

rated:
I am Groot.

rated:
Awesome movie! Highly recommended. Great entertainment. But yes, watch the first one.

rated:
Thanks everyone  Now we will have to decide to
a) not see a movie
b) see a movie at a non-beer-serving theater

Stay tuned for more (or not).

rated:
HorB said:   Thanks everyone  Now we will have to decide to
a) not see a movie

That doesn't seem like a question at all . . . b!!!!! 

rated:
Virgil27 said:   
HorB said:   Thanks everyone  Now we will have to decide to
a) not see a movie

That doesn't seem like a question at all . . . b!!!!! 

Since I don't drink intoxicating beverages, b works for me.  But one of our group is hard pressed to go two hours without a beer or a chance to go out to the garage to upset a skunk.

rated:
HorB said:   

• King Arthur - Legend of the Sword - Probably DISQUALIFIED and little interest due to poor reviews

What poor review?
It's a decent enough movie, easy to follow without stressing your brain.

rated:
Ok, it wasn't a bad movie.  And yes, there was a bit of heartwarming.  And I got to see Zoe Saldana in green instead of blue. And the baby tree.

rated:
HorB said:   Ok, it wasn't a bad movie.  And yes, there was a bit of heartwarming.  And I got to see Zoe Saldana in green instead of blue. And the baby tree.
grooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017