• filter:

Having big balls can get you sued.

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Link to story

"A New York woman has sued the Target corporation after one of its two-ton red balls rolled into her driver's side door."

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
This thread is useless without pics.....

rated:
SecondGunman said:   This thread is useless without pics.....

rated:
And my balls are always bouncing
My ballroom always full
And everybody comes and comes again
If your name is on the guest list
No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got great balls of fire!
I've got big balls
I've got big balls
And they're such big balls
Dirty big balls
And he's got big balls,
And she's got big balls,
But we've got the biggest balls of them all!

rated:

buster (42.60kB)
Disclaimer
Well he's not happy.

rated:
I expected a story about some guy wearing shorts and accidently exposing himself.

rated:
Keene, NH crushed Target's hopes of showing off their big red balls. (They were deemed freestanding signs and city ordinance only permit one "sign" per business.)

rated:
Do those loose balls really weigh two tons? That's a lot of balls.

When I read the initial denial letter, their insurance company denied negligence or wrongdoing.  I don't get that.  If their balls aren't securely cemented to the ground so to not start rolling away after being tapped by another car in the parking lot, then that's negligence.  What is the purpose of their balls if they roll away so easily?  If they can't control their balls from rolling into things, maybe they should redesign their balls into something that isn't round.  Square or pyramid balls will stay put.  Target should have immediately paid if their insurance company is that stingy. 

rated:
burgerwars said:   Do those loose balls really weigh two tons? That's a lot of balls.

When I read the initial denial letter, their insurance company denied negligence or wrongdoing.  I don't get that.  If their balls aren't securely cemented to the ground so to not start rolling away after being tapped by another car in the parking lot, then that's negligence.  What is the purpose of their balls if they roll away so easily?  If they can't control their balls from rolling into things, maybe they should redesign their balls into something that isn't round.  Square or pyramid balls will stay put.  Target should have immediately paid if their insurance company is that stingy. 

Target DID offer to "make her whole" (cover the damages), but she just lawyered up & went for the money grab instead.

I don't think I agree with the charge of negligence though.  It takes a lot of force to move a two ton object, and Target could reasonably expect that those types of forces would never be applied to the object.  This is like suggesting doctors should sue Boeing for not preventing United from beating the shit out of passengers.

This is third party negligence on the part of the driver who clipped the ball, who should be liable for damaging the chattels of both the other driver AND Target.

rated:
dannon35 said:   Keene, NH crushed Target 's hopes of showing off their big red balls. (They were deemed freestanding signs and city ordinance only permit one "sign" per business.)

So Target should install just one and hire Cheatin' Lance Armstrong as a greeter.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017