Comcast false response to FCC complaint I filed

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Wondering if its even worse reporting Comcast to the FCC for the untrue response results letter it sent back to the FCC for a complaint I filed.

I filed a FCC complaint when my internet and Comcast telephone connections has low speed and poor voice quality after having 2 techs come out to the house to look at the issue. Both techs after going over my whole house both told me that it was a street issue with Comcast lines and they would open a ticket with the Line crew to address the issue, which in part they fixed a issue buy not my issue. Adding to the issue the 1st tech told me to replace my personal internet modem because it was at "end of life" so I ordered a newer SB8163 to replace it which added another problem, the power supply was bad where it heated up and the modem rebooted about ever 20 mins, this wasn't found till later after the 4th tech came out, I though the issue was getting worse.

Tech number 3 came out and and tried to hook up a Comcast telephone modem but said they could get it into bridge modem since I wasn't giving up my wireless router, and they ended up swapping out my older Comcast wireless modem with a newer one and still couldn't get that into bridge mode, so they could never test the internet issue, but they did say they sent the line crew out again and found a split wire down the way and fixed that which cleared up my internet speed and telephone quality. Now they just need to fix the modem rebooting every 20 mins or so which I found when the modem died and I ordered a replacement again and fixed the reboot issue.

So the Comcast Corp person CC'd me on snail mail and it basically states, the whole issue was due to the customers personal internet modem, and left out the telephone issues and split wire on the Comcast street wiring...  when I wrote her back about this she and said that's not what happened, I want you to update the FCC response she said No !! and she said I can even refile a complaint but it will be closed with the same results.  So should I refile and new complaint and explain what happened?  She also offered a 150.00 credit to my account for the trouble of 4 to 6 visits from techs and my time.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Comcrap offered you money?

Take that and switch to another company (Fios/DirectTV/whatever)

Just got my Comcrap bill.. it's way over what it normally is. Turns out they gave me $ credit for a missed appt and the downtime, then, they added a charge of $70 for finally coming out and fixing it.

W

T

F

Take the money, the FCC will not do anything.

It's Comcrapstic!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017