• filter:

Why does CVS play irritating background music?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I don't usually notice, but this morning standing at the checkout line you hear some whiny singer yapping on about their daily events or missing some old friends. It wouldn't be too bad if was just music alone without singing, or if it was more interesting like classic rock or even rap. And I bet they actually pay some company to produce and install the system to play it, all the while there is a long line at the cashier. I don't recall hearing this piped in "music" at Home Depot or the supermarket. Why CVS? Do some people actually like it?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Pay more attention, most stores have music. Your CVS just have the volume up. It's supposed to be a silence buster.

Most use satellite radio systems. They have stations for commercial subscription that have no announcers and play background / elevator music.

rated:
I told an employee at Albertsons that I was leaving because the music sucked and was too loud. Kroger also has awful music. Maybe that's why I shop at Walmart, no music.

rated:
https://youtu.be/8t5TYw2bkOk

Check that out. Kmart casette tapes 1989-1994

rated:
At the bank I used to work for many years ago, we subscribed to music from a company called Muzak. They had a installed some kind of box in our phone room to capture the music and had a Dish on the roof of the building. This is going back to early 90's.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017