• filter:

Memorial Day

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
While in New Orleans this weekend I went to the National WWII museum. It was very well done and I highly recommend it to anyone who visits Nola. It is a museum dedicated to the military and the fight of war. The holocaust is barely a whisper of a mention. There are other museums to learn about the holocaust. So I understand why the planners left the holocaust out. There is too much to do with WWII to go into in one museum.

I've always had a deep respect for the brave men and women who serve our country. Words cannot describe the hardships our soldiers have experienced. And words cannot describe how appreciative I am for your service. When I say thank you for your service I mean so much more than that.

So to those that served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War, Kosovo, Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, any other deployments to war zones, and those that signed up and were ready to go to war but graciously did not, I say thank you.

God bless you, your families, and all of us in these United States of America!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Thank you for your post. Just to add, Vets need to be appreciated EVERY DAY, not just on the one single day.

rated:
Heroes
from Friday's murders on a Portland train.

rated:
Dovetonsils said:   Thank you for your post. Just to add, Vets need to be appreciated EVERY DAY, not just on the one single day.
Veterans day is for the vets. Today is to honor those who lost their lives on the battlefield.

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017