• filter:

My ice cream sandwich melted

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Posted last summer about bringing a cooler into the supermarket for frozen foods and got a lot of red. Well, last week I picked up ice cream and didn't bring a cooler since it wasn't that warm and it's just 5 minutes from home, and this is the result I find a few days later when I take the box out of the freezer. 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
You should have bought it from Walmart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SozZHZAWS64

rated:
Made from cardboard and spackle?

rated:
you didn't get red for bringing a cooler into the supermarket, you got red for your attitude
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/off-topic/1512811

rated:
atikovi said:   Posted last summer about bringing a cooler into the supermarket for frozen foods and got a lot of red. Well, last week I picked up ice cream and didn't bring a cooler since it wasn't that warm and it's just 5 minutes from home, and this is the result I find a few days later when I take the box out of the freezer.  So why didn't you put it in the cooler that you [should have] left in your car?

rated:
sublimosa said:   you didn't get red for bringing a cooler into the supermarket, you got red for your attitude
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/off-topic/1512811

mods, please move from archived so i may red this post  

rated:
You neglected to have a cooler with blue ice in your car trunk, misjudged the temperature, and probably have a faulty or badly set freezer at home. If you hadn't made those errors, the ice cream would have been fine, as my frozen novelties survive my 20+ minute commutes home without meltage.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
atikovi said:   Posted last summer about bringing a cooler into the supermarket for frozen foods and got a lot of red. Well, last week I picked up ice cream and didn't bring a cooler since it wasn't that warm and it's just 5 minutes from home, and this is the result I find a few days later when I take the box out of the freezer.  
So why didn't you put it in the cooler that you [should have] left in your car?

Makes no sense to leave a cooler in the car since you have to put that fake ice into it whenever you use it anyway. Not to mention not knowing which car I might drive that day. And nothing wrong with my freezer.

rated:
atikovi said:   Posted last summer about bringing a cooler into the supermarket for frozen foods and got a lot of red. Well, last week I picked up ice cream and didn't bring a cooler since it wasn't that warm and it's just 5 minutes from home, and this is the result I find a few days later when I take the box out of the freezer. 

You're a failure.

rated:
You're a negligent parent.  

Don't buy ice cream sandwiches.  Buy ice cream separately and put it between large thin cookies.  

rated:
It didnt melt in you car at all. The ice cream is holding it's frozen shape at left. It came like that from the store.

rated:
atikovi said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
So why didn't you put it in the cooler that you [should have] left in your car?

Makes no sense to leave a cooler in the car since you have to put that fake ice into it whenever you use it anyway. Not to mention not knowing which car I might drive that day. And nothing wrong with my freezer.

You make it sound like buying ice cream at a grocery store requires more planning than Ike's preparations for Operation Overlord in 1944. 

Last night I purchased a box of ice cream sandwiches at Aldi's, drove home 15 minutes; no melting.

rated:
kamalktk said:   It didnt melt in you car at all. The ice cream is holding it's frozen shape at left. It came like that from the store.
  That makes more sense than any of the other responses.

rated:
About ice cream: I was on a Swiss Air flight yesterday. They served ice cream as a mid-flight dessert. I don't know what they used on board to keep ice cream cold, but you must ask them. The ice cream was rock hard. Almost like dried cement. I nearly needed a hammer to break it apart.

rated:
burgerwars said:   About ice cream: I was on a Swiss Air flight yesterday. They served ice cream as a mid-flight dessert. I don't know what they used on board to keep ice cream cold, but you must ask them. The ice cream was rock hard. Almost like dried cement. I nearly needed a hammer to break it apart.
American apparently consulted atikovi for my flight from Dublin on Saturday.  My ice cream snack was very soft.  

rated:
atikovi said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   So why didn't you put it in the cooler that you [should have] left in your car?Makes no sense to leave a cooler in the car since you have to put that fake ice into it whenever you use it anyway. Not to mention not knowing which car I might drive that day. And nothing wrong with my freezer.I transported two containers of ice cream in a cooler bag with no ice two weeks ago between two countries (Kilkeel, Northern Ireland to Dundalk, Ireland) for a duration of 1+ hour and the ice cream was only slightly soft.

P.S. Cooler bags are cheap, so put one in each car.

rated:
atikovi said:   
kamalktk said:   It didnt melt in you car at all. The ice cream is holding it's frozen shape at left. It came like that from the store.

You might have gotten that special box somebody had carried around the store, decided they didn't want, and dumped in the bread shelves. Hours later, the ever diligent staff returned the box to its rightful place.
"Keep frozen? What's that mean?"

rated:
burgerwars said:   About ice cream: I was on a Swiss Air flight yesterday. They served ice cream as a mid-flight dessert. I don't know what they used on board to keep ice cream cold, but you must ask them. The ice cream was rock hard. Almost like dried cement. I nearly needed a hammer to break it apart.

We are waiting for The Hamburgers of Hamburg by Burgerwars thread

rated:
carlaandolini said:   
atikovi said:   

You might have gotten that special box somebody had carried around the store, decided they didn't want, and dumped in the bread shelves. Hours later, the ever diligent staff returned the box to its rightful place.

That would make sense except they were on sale at 2 boxes for $5 so I bought two.

rated:
atikovi said:   carlaandolini said:   
atikovi said:   

That would make sense except they were on sale at 2 boxes for $5 so I bought two.

Never grab the ones up front.

rated:
scrouds said:   

phrasing!  

rated:
morecowbell said:   
scrouds said:   

phrasing!  

owie, please keep your hands to yourownself!

rated:
ganda said:   

As requested, this is the hamburger I had in Hamburg.  Suitable for framing. 

rated:
burgerwars said:   
ganda said:   

Did you seriously not have a real hamburger in Hamburg?

rated:
carlaandolini said:   
atikovi said:   

More likely, the 'diligent staff' just dragged a pallet of product to the sales floor & dropped it off without coming back to stock it for a long time & there's probably a whole freezer full of reconfigured treats

rated:
ganda said:   burgerwars said:   
ganda said:   

Did you seriously not have a real hamburger in Hamburg?

My time in Hamburg was limited. I took a DB ICE train from Berlin there and returned the same day. My day included a two hour river/canal cruise that took a bunch of my time, so the McD burger had to do. There are plenty of good burger joints where I live. My odds of finding the most incredible burger by randomly going to a Hamburg burger joint probably wouldn't have been good. At least I'm now able to say I have visited "my homeland" and consumed a Hamburg hamburger. My life is complete.

rated:
I scream, you scream, we all scream for this thread to be dead.

rated:
death scream

rated:

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   atikovi said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   So why didn't you put it in the cooler that you [should have] left in your car?Makes no sense to leave a cooler in the car since you have to put that fake ice into it whenever you use it anyway. Not to mention not knowing which car I might drive that day. And nothing wrong with my freezer.I transported two containers of ice cream in a cooler bag with no ice two weeks ago between two countries (Kilkeel, Northern Ireland to Dundalk, Ireland) for a duration of 1+ hour and the ice cream was only slightly soft.

P.S. Cooler bags are cheap, so put one in each car.  
Another data point: Transported three containers of ice cream in a cooler bag with no ice today.

Purchased ice cream at 4:00 pm after standing in check-out line for approx. 3 minutes.
Carried ice cream to car.
Removed from shopping bag and placed in non-iced cooler.
Stopped at another grocery store for a duration of approx. 5 minutes.
Walked across the parking lot to Petco
Departed Petco at 5:04 pm.
Drove home.
Removed ice cream from cooler and observed that it was slightly soft.
Placed in freezer at approx. 5:30 pm

BTW, the outside temperature was 80+ degrees; unknown temperature inside my car while shopping at Petco

ETA: The transportation occurred within the same country, state, county but did involve crossing townships.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017